➡4⬅

Seiji⬆
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Marceline, did you hang up the new dresses?" My boss asked me.

"Yes Tracy." I mumbled.

My feet hurt from being on the move for three hours without a break. Juggling school, work, and attending weekly appointments is no easy task. I work at a dress shop called Sweet Beginnings.

I like how cute and elegant everything is. I love when teenage girls come and try on dresses. I listen to them excitedly talk about prom, quinceañeras, or their sweet 16. When women come in to go dress shopping I can't help but feel sad. I could've been forced into marriage if I didn't call the police. On the other hand, I could've been forced into a marriage with a man I've grown to love.

I checked my phone to see it was time for my lunch break. I smiled and waved to Tracy. Maybe I should go to the pizza place nearby for lunch.

"Wait Marceline!" Someone called from behind me.

I turned and saw Seiji. He was my coworker here and loved to try and talk to me. He reminded me of Kenji but less shy. Seiji did annoy me at times because of how he wanted to talk to me every chance he could. It scared me that he attended the same school as me. Something wasn't right about him.

"Can I join you for lunch?" Seiji asked.

"I planned on going by myself." I said.

"Please."

"Seiji."

I couldn't reject him after he gave me the puppy eyes. Those puppy eyes that were oddly similar to Kenji's. I have to ask if Seiji has relation to him.

"Fine." I groaned.

He smiled brightly and followed me to the pizza place. Once we were there Seiji ordered for the both of us then went to the bathroom. I took out my phone and searched my gallery for a picture of Kenji. It can't be a coincidence they seem similar.

I stumbled upon one that made my heart speed up. Seeing Kenji filled me with sorrow. He could've been alive if he didn't get involved with me. I'm no good to anyone. Kenji looked so adorable in this picture. I remember he took it when he went shopping and sent it to me.

Seiji's puppy eyes reminded me of Kenji's, which scared me

Seiji's puppy eyes reminded me of Kenji's, which scared me. Not only that was similar, but many small details were as well. It all started to click that Seiji might be related to Kenji. If they have the same last name then that proves my point.

Kenji Kujo.

What if Seiji is Kenji's brother or cousin? I don't know if I could be around him anymore. The guilt would eat me alive. What if it's true and Seiji blames me for Kenji's death? He could be trying to get to know me so he could hurt me.

"I'm back." Seiji sang as he returned with our pizza.

I took a cheese slice and began eating quietly. Seiji stared at me while he ate. It was almost as if he was trying to figure me out. He always wanted to ever since I started working at Sweet Beginnings.