Part 17

Three weeks go past before Louis is stable enough and moved to a normal ward to heal. He's starting to get cabin fever though and he hasn't had a proper shower in weeks, he's over it and beginning to get angry. He's healing but his body is so sore still and he just wants it all to stop.

"Scott please let me come home please" Louis cries as the boys are setting his new private room up on a general ward,

"Darling, I cant authorise it until I know you are completely out of the woods, just a few more days okay, let me make sure your temp stays down and that cough doesn't develop in something nasty again okay" Scott says lovingly as he sits on the edge of the bed.

Tears prick Louis eyes

"I'll tell you what, I'll call Harry up and he can help you have a shower, I'll take out your catheter and you can have a little freedom" Scott says, swiping Louis fringe off his forehead.

"I hate this" Louis says wincing as he coughs.

"I know kiddo" Scott smiles.

Ten minutes later Harry is strolling into the room smiling, he's in his scrubs and looks so hot.

"How's my boy? Ready to have a shower" Harry says.

Louis nods, Scott painfully took his catheter out already and Louis can't wait to wash his hair and get into some normal clothes.

The nurses come in to remake Louis bed while Harry helps him to the shower, Louis hisses at the pain, it's the first time he's been up and it hurts like fuck and he's so lightheaded.

"I gotcha, let's go slow baby" Harry says gently as the nurses look on fondly.

They reach the bathroom and Harry helps Louis undress slowly before he is getting undressed too.

"You're getting in with me." Louis asks hopefully,

"Of course" Harry smiles.

Louis smiles slightly back as Harry makes Louis hold the sink for support while he gets the water nice and warm.

Louis needs all of Harry's support as he washes Louis hair for him, Louis manages his own teeth but Harry pretty much has to do everything else as Louis leans on him, he's so weak and it's kind of scary, he finds himself crying into Harry's chest.

"Hey, gorgeous, what wrong angel" Harry asks as he holds Louis close.

"I can't even shower by myself I'm so stupid" Louis hiccups.

"Oh Louis, baby, you haven't been out of bed in three weeks, you have very bad injuries and it's a wonder you can stand alone at all yet, you just came out of intensive care, give yourself a break. It's a slow process Sweetheart and I'm here for all of it okay" Harry says.

"I love you harry, I'm sorry" Louis says,

"God Louis, I love you so much, you have no idea baby, please don't say sorry again, I'm here and I will be here forever, I love looking after you darling, it's my favourite job in the world" Harry confesses.

Louis hugs Harry as tightly as possible. Harry hugging back too. He eventually turns the shower off and dries and dresses Louis in his grey sweats and Harry's black hoodie. Louis has lost so much weight he looks small and tiny, Harry knows they need to start getting some more nutrients into Louis drip.

Harry ends up picking Louis up bridal style and taking him back to bed, he's so exhausted he passes out instantly, Harry kissing his forehead.

......

"But it doesn't smell like you anymore," Louis yells at Harry the next day, when he's denied again the possibility of going home.

"I'll bring you up a new blanket then hey, the one I've got on my bed now, then it will smell like me" Harry says gently.