Chapter 1

"What?!" I jumped up from the couch, my blue eyes wide in surprise at my two parents. "Are you serious?!"

They both smiled at me triumphantly. "That's right," my mom sang. "We payed it off this morning. Savannah, you're going to Japan!!"

We all jumped up from our seats and flitted around the room, bouncing and cheering noisily, me screaming at the top of my lungs. This was so exciting! I was going to go to Japan!! This had been my dream for YEARS! I'd always wanted to go to Japan! Unfortunately, I couldn't speak Japanese fluently, but I could speak a lot, I guess. I was hoping to be able to speak it fluently before I graduated my senior year. I already had, and was still learning. But, perhaps quite a few of them could speak English. I was sure there were more than I thought.

I beamed at my parents before drawing them into a tight hug. "Thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!" I squealed.

I backed away to look into their faces. "I have to go pack!!!"

In a flash, I hurried up the stairs to my bedroom to throw together a bag. I couldn't believe my parents had ACTUALLY bought me a ticket to JAPAN for a MONTH!! I was going to have SO much fun!!

I could hardly contain my excitement as I threw all of my best outfits and important necessities into my large pink duffle bag. I couldn't believe my dreams were finally coming true!

Don't laugh, but it's been my dream for a while to have a job in Japan. Like, perhaps, a Japanese singer or actress, and so on. I don't know, it just seemed like it would be so much fun.

Zipping up my bag, I let out a happy sigh. I couldn't wait to go to the airport first thing tomorrow!