16

Jaemin headed straight for the kitchen and started rummaging through the cabinets and drawers. He found an apron and tied it around himself, then placed some eggs on the counter. He turned to face Jeno, who was watching him with a quizzical expression.

"Didn't you say I could make myself at home?" Jaemin questioned with a wide smile. "Anyway, I was thinking of fried eggs, is that okay?"

Jeno wordlessly nodded, and Jaemin turned around to focus back on his task at hand. He poured some oil into the pan he had placed on top of the stove. He carefully turned the heat on, unfamiliar with how Jeno's stove worked. Once the stove heated, Jaemin cracked four eggs into the pan, watching patiently as they sizzled in the oil.

"Do you like yours with a runny or solid yolk?" Jaemin asked Jeno, flipping over the eggs.

"Anything is fine," Jeno called over the sound of the eggs being cooked. Jaemin nodded, tapping the center yolks gently. Once they were ready, he grabbed two plates and carefully took the eggs off the pan. Jaemin placed the still hot pan on an unused part of the stove to cool it down. He untied the apron and put it back where he found it.

"Breakfast is ready," Jaemin sang with a smile. He grabbed two forks and walked over to the kitchen table, sliding a plate in front of Jeno and then one in front of him, then took a seat across from Jeno.

"I see you made two for each of us, how generous. You forgot to put salt by the way, but it's okay," Jeno pointed out. "I'm impressed that you didn't burn down the kitchen though." He picked up his fork and was about to stab the yolk of one egg when Jaemin's hand shot out in a signal to stop what he was doing, making Jeno flinch in surprise.

"Not yet," Jaemin eyed Jeno, narrowing his eyes for dramatic effect. "Do you have soy sauce and sesame oil?"

Jeno pointed to a cupboard and Jaemin went and got the ingredients he asked for. "I purposely didn't put salt, because I substitute soy sauce with it instead. It's so much better in my opinion," Jaemin promised. He poured some soy sauce and a small amount of sesame oil on both their eggs, then sat down and folded his arms. He watched Jeno with an expectant expression. "Now try it."

Jaemin watched Jeno poke into an egg, lifting it towards his mouth and taking a bite. Jeno chewed for a bit, before his face lit up. "It's delicious," he said between bites. His eyes were wide with delight. "How can an egg taste this good?" Jaemin smiled, loving how much Jeno liked his cooking. He looks so good even when he's eating, he sighed internally. That eye smile... he eats so well, he could be in food advertisements.

"Thank you," Jaemin laughed. "Taeyong hyung cooks at home all the time, and I guess his skills rubbed off on me. You should try his cooking sometime, it's honestly amazing." Satisfied with Jeno's reaction, Jaemin bit into his own food. It was indeed delicious, like Jeno had said.

They ate in silence, finishing within minutes. Jaemin got up to take their empty plates to the sink, about to start washing when Jeno stopped him.

"Jaemin, you're a guest. No need to do that, you already made a whole breakfast for us." Jaemin pouted in protest, which made Jeno laugh. "I've never seen someone so eager to do chores, you're really something," he joked.

Jaemin was going to reply with something witty when his ears perked, hearing the distant buzzing of his phone. His phone!

"Is that my phone?" Jaemin tilted his head to get a better listen to what was indeed his phone blowing up with notifications. "Why doesn't it stop buzzing?"

They both went back upstairs, and Jaemin picked up his phone to check his... 67 messages and 29 missed calls.

Taeyong
[11:14] Hey Nana did you need me to pick you up?

Taeyong
[12:42] Nana? Hello? Are you still at Starbucks??

Taeyong
[13:27] NANA WHERE ARE YOU

Taeyong
[13:28] ANSWER YOUR PHONE

Taeyong
[13:29] WHY ARENT YOU ANSWERING MY CALLS

Taeyong
[14:08] FUCK THIS ISNT FUNNY

Taeyong
[14:10] PLEASE TELL ME YOU'RE ALRIGHT

Taeyong
[15:43] is your phone dead you little SHIT im so worried

Taeyong
[18:02] Why aren't you home yet? Nana, mom and dad are so stressed

Taeyong
[18:03] They were about to call the police to search for you but I told them to trust that you're safe

Taeyong
[18:03] I hope that I'm right...

Taeyong
[22:56] Nana I actually can't sleep where are you

Taeyong
[01:26] Please be safe

Taeyong
[01:28] You know I love you so much

Taeyong
[01:31] I don't know what I'd do without you

A wave of guilt washed over Jaemin as he read Taeyong's messages. Tears welled up in his eyes and threatened to fall as he typed a response. He really didn't deserve Taeyong.

Jaemin
[08:29] TAEYONG OH MY GOD IM SO SORRY I DIDNT MEAN TO STRESS U OUT

Jaemin
[08:29] IT'S SUCH A LONG STORY BUT I STAYED OVER AT JENO'S AND MY PHONE WAS DEAD UNTIL NOW

Taeyong
[08:29] NANA

Taeyong
[08:29] YOU'RE NOT DEAD

Taeyong
[08:30] I WAS SO FUCKING WORRIED I HATE YOU

Jaemin
[08:30] YOU LITERALLY JUST SAID U LOVED ME

Taeyong
[08:31] DONT GIVE ME THAT ATTITUDE IM CRYING FUCK OFF

Jaemin
[08:31] IM SORRY HYUNG I LOVE U IM OKAY DONT CRY

Taeyong
[08:32] I can't believe you. When I see you again you can catch these fucking arms

Jaemin
[08:32] omg dont hurt me :(( i said im okay

Taeyong
[08:33] dumbass! I'm going to crush you into the tightest HUG is what I'm gonna do!

Jaemin
[08:32] oh WOW me too ugh

Jaemin
[08:33] did i tell u i love you yet?

Taeyong
[08:34] I love you more! When are you coming home?

Jaemin
[08:34] impossible

Jaemin
[08:34] and im coming very soon ! just let me collect my stuff

Taeyong
[08:35] Take your time Nana, I'm relieved now that I know you're fine.

Taeyong
[08:35] Do you need me to pick you up?

Jaemin
[08:35] maybe i do... hehe thanks hyung ^-^

Jaemin
[08:36] i'll send u the address

Jaemin
[08:37] [ADDRESS ATTACHED]

Taeyong
[08:37] You're lucky I love you >:((

Taeyong
[08:37] I'll be there in 10