29

A blast of air conditioner welcomed the two inside a relatively empty starbucks, with a just few couples sitting at the side tables. Jeno breathed in the cool air, heading to the counter to order.

"What are you getting?" Jaemin asked. "I think I'll get an iced americano."

"Jaemin you literally just had an iced coffee," Jeno said sternly. "Buy lemonade or something." (does starbucks even sell lemondae? idk i havent been to a starbucks in years lets pretend they do)

"Alright mom," Jaemin sighed. "I'll get a raspberry lemonade."

They stepped forward to the cash register, and a shorter man whose name tag read Ten took their orders. Jeno insisted on paying, to which Jaemin reluctantly agreed. Once their orders were ready they grabbed their drinks and a straw and looked for a place to sit.

"Hey, isn't that Donghyuck?" Jeno motioned to a mop of orange hair sitting at one of the tables near the windows.

Jaemin snickered. "Do you assume anyone with orange hair is Donghyuck or something? But maybe it is, let's check."

The boys carefully made their way closer to Donghyuck's table, and as they neared the table Jeno noticed that there was another blond haired guy next to Donghyuck, planting kisses along his neck. Donghyuck had his eyes closed and was humming a tune, enjoying the sensation. Jeno immediately grabbed Jaemin's arm and started to turn around, feeling like they were intruding on something extremely intimate.

"Jeno?" Donghyuck called out at him.

Jeno and Jaemin stopped and slowly turned around to face Donghyuck, feeling like they were caught doing something they shouldn't have. "Hey, Donghyuck." Jaemin greeted.

"Oh and Jaemin too, hello!" The boy said cheerfully. "Come sit down! You two look so awkward standing there."

They shuffled over to the table to where Donghyuck and the other guy sat. The blond haired guy was noticeably flustered, with an embarrassed smile on his face.

"Take a seat," Donghyuck offered. "This is my boyfriend, by the way." He rested his head on the blond guy's shoulder.

"I'm Mark," the guy said. "I'm his boyfriend, yeah."

"You're so awkward," Donghyuck groaned. "These are my friends, Jeno and Jaemin." He gestured to the two boys sitting across from him.

"It's nice to meet you," Jeno said awkwardly. "I'm sorry if we... interrupted what you had going on."

Mark giggled and shrugged. "Don't worry about it, I just get flustered easily."

Donghyuck waved his hand. "I'm glad to see you two! And Jaemin, I'm glad to see you changing up your order," he laughed. "That coffee you usually get looks deadly."

"It is," Jeno mumbled, which earned him a light slap on the thigh from Jaemin.

"What's his coffee order?" a confused Mark asked.

"Large black iced americano with ice and no water, and four extra shots of espresso," Jaemin replied calmly.

Mark's eyes widened and his eyebrows curved in shock. "Wait what? How does your body handle all that caffeine? A regular coffee already has me awake for days."

"Weak," Jaemin joked. Mark giggled at Jaemin's remark and shrugged sheepishly.

"You're just so hyper all the time that you don't need caffeine," Donghyuck shot back at his boyfriend. "Where does all your energy come from anyway?"

They bickered like an old married couple for a bit and Jeno and Jaemin watched, smiling at the sight.

"Oh my god, how long have we been talking for?" Donghyuck checked the time after a moment. "My break is almost over and I'm sure you two have better places to be." He sighed deeply and cuddled into Mark's arm.

Jaemin laughed. "No worries! It's always nice to spend time with friends. But before we leave, we should really get each other's contact information because at the moment our best way of having a conversation is bumping into each other on the bus."

"Right! I forgot about that completely," Donghyuck pulled out his phone. "Here, add your number. Jeno, you too. I wanna keep in touch." He handed his phone over to Jaemin first, then Jeno.

"Alright, we'll see you around then!" Jaemin and Jeno waved at Donghyuck and Mark, who waved back with wide smiles.

"They're so cute together," Jaemin awed. "I aspire to have a relationship like that. But maybe a little less bickering."

Jeno snickered. "No guarantees."

What was that supposed to mean? Was that a tease about the less bickering part or did he mean their relationship wasn't going to last? Jaemin suddenly felt panicked. They had been in a relationship for just a few hours and felt like he was on ice. What's the next move going to be? But then again, he's probably overthinking as usual. Jaemin cleared the worried thoughts from his mind and snickered back. "Someone's feeling witty, huh," he said neutrally.

"I'm just in a good mood," Jeno replied happily. "So many great things have happened today, and I want this feeling to last forever."

Jaemin felt so soft all of a sudden he almost cried. "That's so sweet? I'm on the verge of tears, why are you so smooth, Lee Jeno? It's not fair for my heart." He pretended to weep into Jeno's shoulder, and smiled as he felt Jeno shake with laughter.

"Your heart can most definitely handle it, don't worry." Jeno smiled sweetly. "So what do you wanna do now?"

Still caught under Jeno's spell, Jaemin grabbed Jeno's pinky and tugged on it lightly. "Can we go to your house? I'm craving some cuddles."

~~~~~

A/N:

a smol lil chapter on markhyuck and then a transition for whats to come next skjdjs i really am this dry

why is updating so hard TT i said to myself id update every week but its been 3 weeks and my au is going through yet another drought it be like that huh

ive been thinking recently abt how i've barely been updating and i think ima go on another small hiatus ?? i have exams coming up in a few weeks and im also dry of ideas so i might be rlly slow at updating or not update at all until the start of july maybe .... im really sorry for being such an inconsistent writer :c but i feel like this would be better than giving false hope for a quick update

okay but when i get back from hiatus the next few chapters will just be of them being cute tgt and maybe some romantic action idk yett

mAybe later im thinking of writing some more intimate scenes but only if im feeling scandalous👀 tho not nsfw bc i aint about that skjdsk

but the rest of the au will probably just be cute moments and some bigger things in between that yall will find out when they happen ! so pls give ideas or suggestions on what nomin should do :> if i like the prompt i'll try my best to write something out of it

okayy looks like i went back to writing essay length notes OOPS dkfhjf anyway thats it for now ! thank u all for reading and i'll be back in july <3

- amy