Chapter 10

1 week later

Y/N's POV

You stared at Jungkook while he is talking with his buddies. You feel sorry for him. Arranged marriage is one of the main problems of being a son or daughter of a businessman or business woman. Arranged marriage is important when it comes to business. Even you, yourself, is nearly a victim of it.

"Hey." Eun Woo snapped his fingers at you, snapping you away from your thoughts. "Are you even listening at me?"

"Uh? W-What was it again?" You stuttered and shifted your gaze towards Eun Woo. "Sorry, I wasn't paying attention."

"I am talking about the prom next week." He said. "You're joining, right?"

"I will join. I mean, I don't have a choice. It is graded." You pouted.

"Well, do you have a partner?" He asked as he took the glass of orange juice on the table.

"Of course I have." You smiled while blushing. "Kyungsoo will be my partner."

Eun Woo drank the juice before responding. "Oh right. I forgot that you have a boyfriend." He snorted. "Who else would think that you have." He mumbled the last sentence.

"Eun Woo, have you chosen a partner yet?" You changed the topic with a grin. "Hehe, such a dumb question to ask. You certainly have a partner right now since a lot of girls are even volunteering their selves to you."

"Not yet." He snapped and placed the glass on the table. "I don't have a partner yet."

"Ohhh." You pouted your mouth, forming an 'o'. "Aigoo, why are you so picky when it comes to girls."

"I'm not picky. I just don't want to be in the wrong one." He said. "I only date the one I like."

"I am cringing right now Eun Woo." You chuckled. "Prom and marrying aren't the same thing."

"Wait, did I say I'm gonna marry someone?" He arched his eyebrows. "I swear I did not say that."

"But it seems like you just did." You shrugged.

The bell rang, cutting off your conversation with Eun Woo. You bid goodbye before running towards your classroom.

"Y/N! Wait!" Someone yelled from behind you, causing you to stop running. "Wait for me."

You turned around, allowing you to see Jungkook, running towards your direction. "Jungkook! Faster! We're gonna be late!" You yelled while gesturing him to go faster.

"Hi Y/N." He said while catching his breath. "Thank you for waiting." He smiled. Dayum, those pearly white bunny teeth.

***

"You didn't have a partner yet?" You curiously asked while walking. "I mean- Geez, don't tell me you and Eun Woo have the same perspective."

You and Jungkook are walking on the street. It's 5:20 pm and you two are heading home. While walking, you can't stop asking him questions to brighten up the mood. And also, to help him overcome his phobia.

"Eun Woo?" He halted, making you also stop on your tracks. "Oh, your boy bestfriend." He added and continued walking with you. "What do you mean 'we have the same perspective'?"

"He only wants to date the one he likes." You nonchalantly said. "You. What's your reason?"

"I uhm... Let's be partners?" He nervously said and gave you an awkward smile. "Please?" He said, which sounded like a squeal. Dayum, he is aegyooing.

"I already have a date, Kookie." You frowned. "Sorry. I mean, you can ask someone instead."

"But-"

"No buts. Do you still remember your vow 3 days ago?"  You snapped. "Please enumerate them one by one, in order. No mistakes, understood?"

"Y-Yep." He gulped. "First,  be friendly, especially to girls. Second, don't stutter when talking to girls. Third, I need to interact more with other girls than Y/N."

"Repeat the last part."

"I need to interact more with other girls that Y/N." He frowned. "I know that. But, isn't it a bit too much?"

"It's not." You stopped. "Oh, time flies fast! We're here!"

You opened the masion gate and let yourself in. "Come in." You told Jungkook while opening the gate wide.

"Jungkook!" Someone yelled from afar. You turned your head towards the noise, allowing you to see that 6 men... Jungkook's friends.

You rolled your eyes. You almost forgot about them and Jungkook hang out every thurday night. Really, thursday night. They will sleep at Yoongi's house. So in other words, you're gonna be alone for the whole night.

***

Your deep slumber was disturbed by the ringtone of your phone. You groaned while repeatedly blinking your eyes, adjusting your vision to the light above you. You immediately took the phone and placed it beside your ear.

(You: Yeoboseyo?) You said in a hoarse voice.

[Y-Y/N] You furrowed your eyebrows when you heard Jungkook's voice. [Jungkook: I need you to come here. At the Frescas' Restaurant.]

You took a glimpse on the wall clock. It's now 8:20 pm.

(You: Why are you not asle-)

[Jungkook: P-Please come here immediately] He said before he hung up.