Chapter 17

Joe beckons me and looks a bit concerned. "Half a year ago I promised Caspar to go with him to America for a month.." He looks down for a second before he looks up at me again. "Are you okay with that?" I nod. I don't understand why he asks me, if he wants to go, he should go!

"Of course! I'll entertain myself with best friend!" I say and hug Zoe. I realize I just said Zoe is my best friend. I said it. I know that Zoe is my best friend, above Lia.. I want to shoot myself right now. Even though I think it's true, I hate that thought. "I should go home to the apartment to pack my clothes then.." He walks past me to put his shoes and jacket on. He stops right next to me, smiles and winks quickly.

Zoe start giggling when Joe's out of the room. "Sorry?" I ask, waiting for an explanation for why she giggled. I raise one eyebrow. She is properly laughing now. "You two being cute together." I pull a sarcastic 'thank you' face. "I just have to get used to it! And seeing Joe, liking you this much, makes even me nervous and flattered."

Later that day Zoe has made a bedroom for me. The room - where all Zoe's mess was - has changed to a new bedroom with two mattresses on the ground. "Now you can sleep here with Joe when he stays over and when he's not here you have your own room. But hey, we can have sleepovers now! I know we've been sleeping in one room every night till now, but this is different." I jump on the mattresses. "This is going to be fun!"

We brush our teeth and change our clothes to pjs. It's late already. Our dinner was delicious, we've had vegetables, sweet potatoes and some chicken. I crawl myself up in the bed. It's so cosy and warm. "Okay, we have a lot to talk about.." Zoe notices and I nod. "You can ask me everything, but I don't want to talk about Joe all night. He's still your brother.." She laughs and nods. She lays down next to me and pulls the duvet a bit higher. "Can you tell me at least one thing?"

I nod. I'm still not sure if Zoe is completely okay with us, having a relationship. Maybe she's just saying it to make us happy. I can actually imagine Zoe doing that. I wait for Zoe's question. "Can he kiss well?" She asks to tease me, but her face is still serious after asking it. "You can try it yourself! I officially give you permission."

She shakes her head and slaps me softly on my arm. "No I'm serious.." She continues. My cheeks are turning a little red. It feels so awkward talking about this to Zoe. If she was Lia, it would be no problem, but she is his sister. "Well.. It isn't bad?" I try to please her with that, but she still looks questioning, waiting for me to continue. "What do you want to know exactly?"

"I want to go to Lia today, are you okay with that?" Zoe nods and looks up from her iPhone. I'm a little jealous her phone case. It's pink with white dots, what actually is really cute. "Yes, of course! I'll ask Alfie to come over instead. I haven't seen him a few days, we were both so busy." I walk into the kitchen to get myself a drink. I open the fridge, but literally nothing is in there. I'll text Lia then.

Hi Lia! Can I come over? Miss you! Xx

I put my phone down. I grab a glass and just fill it with water. I start drinking out of my glass when my phone starts vibrating.

Yes, I've no plans.

Lia seems a bit annoyed, it probably doesn't mean anything though. Even if it does, she'll probably be happier when we see each other. We always have fun! I quickly text her back.

Alright! I'll be there at 2 pm. Xxx

I've finished my drink and I walk to the bathroom to have a shower. I'm happy to see her again, it has been too long since the last time.

I walk in only a towel to the bedroom. I look through my clothes for something to wear. I've gone for a cropped top and high waisted shorts. I put on my clothes and I sit down on the ground. There are a few notes on the ground, probably still from Zoe, she probably forgot them. I open the first one. It starts with 'dear diary' and I immediately stop reading. I'm not going to read this. I throw it into the trash bin.