Chapter 23

Dawn broke, and Jeff hadn't gotten a wink of sleep that night. His sweater has the only thing that would make sleeping on the ground bearable. If he used it for his head, he would be twisting and turning all night trying to find a comfortable position. If he used it for his body, his head would roll into the wall, connecting it with the jagged, bumpy wall. In short, Jeff was moody, uncomfortable, and sleep-deprived. He could barely sit up. SO he wasn't too thrilled when Clockwork came to wake him up. "Morning, Jeff," he smirked through the bars at him, "You look tired. Sure you don't want to sit this one out?"
"Get me out of here, Clockwork." Jeff groggily muttered.
After she helped him up, she dumped a bucked of cold water on his head to fully wake him up. They then stood in front of the west door, waiting for it to open. Eventually, they saw the shine of the sun creep over the walls of the glade, and the creaking of the gears meant only one thing: the doors would open shortly. When the gap was big enough to run through, Jeff and Clockwork sprinted through them without a moment's hesitation. Left, right, left, right, right, right, left, right, left, right, right, left. They were going all over the place. Eventually, they came to the inner ring, and passed Section 4. Soon, they passed Sections 5 and 6. When they arrived at Section 7, it opened as they arrived. "That's weird." Clockwork commented.
"What?" Jeff asked.
"Section 7 shouldn't be open for another week." she said.
They walked in, and Jeff beheld a peculiar sight: Giant, metal, thin, sharp pillar-like objects, randomly placed across the area. "What the hell are those things?" Jeff asked.
"We call them blades." Clockwork said.
They navigated their way through carefully before seeing something. It was a piece of black fur that split up in the middle and turned to red. "Smile?" Jeff asked.
"A fire demon must have pulled him down here." Clockwork said.
Suddenly, they heard something powering up, then a slow, quiet clicking noise. Clockwork pulled out the cylinder and listened closely. It was definitely coming from that. Jeff grabbed the cylinder and turned around, it began to click louder and more frequently. He looked down at it before saying, "I think it's... Showing us the way."