Chapter 19

Jeff and Clockwork followed Masky and Hoodie towards the commotion. Jeff saw Sally, who was just laughing. "Sally," Jeff asked, "What's going on?"
"See for yourself." she chuckled, pointing to the tall, wooden structure.
Jeff and Clockwork ran over, and saw many of the boys using pieces of debris to protect themselves from the falling stones. "HEY!" LJ yelled, "THROW ONE MORE OF THOSE THINGS-- OW!" he didn't get to finish as a sharp stone connected with his forehead.
"What's going on?" Jeff ducked behind the board of wood Toby was using.
"I-I don't thing she-she likes us v-very much." he chuckled.
"WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?" the girl continued to throw the stones.
"We just want to talk!" Jeff yelled, dodging a stone.
"I'M WARNING YOU!" she threw a lot, causing the boys to scatter.
"TAKE COVER!" BEN yelled.
"HEY, HEY!" Jeff yelled, "IT'S JEFF! It's Jeff!"
The girl stopped throwing the stones and looked over the edge at Jeff. "I-I'm gonna come up, okay?" he asked.
She didn't respond. She just leaned back out of view. "Okay," Jeff turned to the others, "Just me."
As Jeff began to climb the structure, he looked down to see Toby smirking. He just sighed and climbed up. When he got to the top, the girl had her knees tucked into her chest, and she was pointing a knife at him. "O-okay, just..." he held a hand out, "Easy, all right?"
"Where am I?" her voice was soft and soothing, "What is this place? Why can't I remember anything?"
"Hey, hey, that-- It's all normal," Jeff told her, "We've all been through this. Your name, that'll come back in a day or two. Okay, it's the one thing that--"
"Jane." she interrupted him.
"What did you say?" he asked.
"My name," she never lowered the knife, "It's Jane."
"Jane, I'm Jeff," he introduced himself, "But I suppose you already know that."
"They said I kept saying your name in my sleep," Jane said, "Who are you?"
"I-I don't know," Jeff could see in her eyes that she didn't believe him, "I-I-I can't remember. None of us here can remember anything. We all woke up here just like you did."
Jane's arm relaxed, and she slowly put down the knife. "What's going on up there?" LJ asked from the ground.
Jeff looked over the railings to see the crowd of boys, and Clockwork, still there. "I-is she coming down?" Toby asked.
Jeff looked back at Jane before saying, "Alright, uh, give-give us a minute."
"Is this what most girls are like?" BEN asked Toby, before looking over to see Clockwork scowl at him.
"S-sorry..." he whispered.