Chapter 21

Jeff, Jane, and Toby were gathered around Slender's bed. he was still bound to it, and convulsing violently, but his veins were more exaggerated, and he was clearly in an excruciating amount of pain. Toby looked at the syringes before saying, "We don't ev-even know what this stuff is. We don't know who-who sent it, or why it came u-u-up here with you," he pointed at Jane, "F-for all we know, this stuff could-could kill him."
"He's already dying," Jeff pointed out, "Look at him. How could this possibly make it any worse?"
Toby twitched and looked at Slender, who groaned in pain, as to add emphasis to Jeff's point. "A-all right," he handed Jeff the syringe, "Do-do it."
Jeff pulled up Slender's right sleeve, and looked at the others and said, "Okay."
Just then, one of Slender's tentacles wrapped itself around Jeff's neck, lifted him from the floor, and started to choke him. "You shouldn't be here," Slender growled, "YOU SHOULDN'T BE HERE!"
In the commotion, Jeff dropped the syringe, and tried to untangle the tentacle around his neck, but it felt as if it had an iron grip. Toby tried to free Jeff, while Jane tried to find the syringe, having misplaced the second one. Eventually, Jeff started to pass out due to lack of oxygen, but just before then, Slender relaxed and let Jeff go. He looked up, panting like a dog, and saw Jane remove the syringe from Slender's arm. "Hey, f-from now on-on," Toby told Masky, who had just walked in to see what all the commotion was all about, "Someone stays and watches him ar-around the clock, got it?"
"Yeah, sure." Masky sat in the chair next to Slender's bed.
"Hey," everyone turned to see LJ holding a burning torch outside, "Sundown, Jeff, time to go."
Jane looked at Jeff, before he walked outside and followed LJ.