CHAPTER 10

JENNIE

"Jen, let's go home together," Jisoo said. I just found out earlier that my house is not far from theirs. I was utterly surprised by that coincidence. Especially Lisa, it turned out that she's just my neighbor, as in her house is just next to mine.

I don't understand why I never saw her though. It's weird but maybe I was just not paying attention. It's not unusual of me. It's nice though because it means that we would probably be able to hang out more often. After all, our houses are just few steps away from each other.

"Sure," I replied. Then we started walking. However, before we could even step out of the gate, we heard someone yelling, "Jennie! Jisoooooo!"

And I didn't have to turn around just to find out who it is. I know it's that giant kid.

"Lisa, why are you yelling?" Jisoo asked, half complaining because Lisa was getting us too much attention. It's not that Jisoo doesn't usually do that as well, it's just that I am with them and she knows that I'm uncomfortable with those gazes.

"Opps! I'm sorry," Lisa said and bowed apologetically.

"Now, why were you yelling?" Jisoo asked again. Lisa put her arm on Jisoo's shoulder and cheerfully said, "Guys, before we go home, let's go shopping."

"Well, that's actually a great idea. I kind of wanna buy something to eat too," Jisoo said while nodding. Then they both looked at me as if they are trying to get my opinion. Well, I could go with them but I'm afraid I don't have money to buy unnecessary stuff.

"I-uh, I don't think I could go with you," I said while scratching the back of my head shyly. Lisa looked at me worriedly before asking, "Why?"

"As much as I want to go with the both of you, I do not have the financial capacity. I'm afraid that if I go with you I might not be able to stop my urges and spend my budget for this month. So yeah, maybe next time," I explained and I swear I was fidgeting my fingers while saying it. It's awkward and actually a bit sad. I wish I had a job so I could keep up with them.

"Hey, its alright. It's going to be our treat, right Jisoo unnie?" Lisa said while patting Jisoo's shoulder. Jisoo nodded before saying, "Of course, you don't have to worry about it. Come on, we really want to hang out with you."

"Pleaseeee," Lisa begged while doing aegyo in front of me. Aigoo, how can I even let this adorable girl down?

"Fine, I'm going with you but I will just do window shopping for now. I am not going to buy anything. I'll just help you with whatever you girls are going to buy instead."

"Great, let's go!" Jisoo said as she dragged Lisa and I by our wrists. She's really full of energy, I wish I was like her.

Before anything else, we ate at a fast food restaurant inside the mall. I wanted to pay for what I have ordered but before I could do it, Lisa already paid everything. I told her she didn't have to do that but she said that she wanted to and she insisted. I don't want to argue so I decided to just treat her next time if I find a part-time job.

The next stop was at a boutique. Jisoo said she wanted to buy some clothes so that's why we're here. While they were busy checking out the stuffs, I also decided to look around just so I won't get bored just waiting for them idly. I swear there are a lot of dresses that I would absolutely love to wear but whenever I see the price, it made me want to just close my eyes.

I know that we're in a fancy shop but I didn't realize how expensive these things are until I saw the prices myself. Did I just get myself into a rich-kid squad or something?

"Jennie unnie, this will look good on you," Lisa suddenly said while showing me beautiful red dress. It was an inch above my knee. It looks pretty and I think Lisa was right it would probably look good on me. I took it just to check it but when I looked at the price, my eyes widened at the sight. I almost drop the dress! Jisoos Christ, I can even buy a whole groceries supply good for a whole month.

Is she seriously recommending me this dress? Haven't she realized how broke I am? This kid really.

"Uhm Lisa, I don't think I need this. I still got a lot of clothes anyway," I said. Honestly, if I have money, I would buy it but with the situation that I am in right now, nevermind. I'd rather save up money so I could help my mom establish a business in the country so she would no longer have to work abroad.

"But unnie, I told you it would be my treat. You don't have to worry about the price," she said. It didn't change my mind. I still don't want it, I don't want her to spend that much just to give me that dress. I don't think I deserve it. Besides, it would be hard for me to pay back for it. You know I don't like being indebted to anyone.

"No Lisa, I really don't need it. Just buy something for yourself."

"Okay." I saw sadness in her eyes. Why is she fixated on buying me something? I mean I really don't deserve it. Come on, we just became friends recently yet she's already doing things extra.

She's interesting though.