CHAPTER 6

JENNIE

As time goes by, I continued to learn how to communicate with other people again. Thanks to Jisoo and to the person behind those paper planes. Those simple notes were able to lighten up my mood and inspire me in different ways. Even if those were probably part of a prank or something, I am still grateful because they surprisingly made a difference in my life.

I realized that it's so damn good to have a friend and to have someone who'll stay with you and be there for you in times you need them the most. So, this is what it feels like to rely on someone?

Sometimes, we really don't have to keep everything to ourselves. I mean, it made me feel so much better when I finally have someone to talk to when I'm so fed up with everything. It was kind of embarrassing at first but Jisoo is really amazing, she always lets me rant and rant without saying anything. She just listens attentively and when I am done, that's when she'll comfort me and say things that make me feel better.

I really thought that no one would understand but there she is. I kinda wish that I knew her sooner. You know, if only we met earlier, my high school life would probably be so much fun. I would have enjoyed it then.

About the paper planes, when I thought that those two were the last, they actually weren't. From four paper planes, it's now ten. And I am so freaking curious about who that person really is. I literally have no idea. The only clue I have is that they are going to the same school as mine. How do I know? Because they were able to put those planes in my locker, on my backpack, and under my desk.

Some of them were placed on my mailbox and on the rooftop where I stay whenever I am bored or down. Now, that I think about it, I realized that they could also be living nearby or could be one of my neighbors but I don't want to really think too much about it.

Although it's kind of creepy, whoever that person is, I want to thank them for cheering me up even in that simple way. That antic actually made me smile a lot.

By the way, it's weekend so I'm just chilling on my couch watching Netflix. Actually, I wanted to find a job because I get bored at home easily but no one seems to want to hire me because I am obviously a minor. I am still thinking about what I could do to earn money because honestly, I feel bad for staying idle while my mom works day to night in a foreign place. I don't want to ask for money from my mom anymore. I want her to save up the money she earns there so that she could finally go back home.

I was trying to focus on watching when I saw another paper plane flying towards me. I caught it and quickly ran towards the window because I know that plane entered through it. So, I hope that the person is still nearby.

I looked around but found no one. I only saw something on the ground. It was a pink handkerchief. I went out to pick it up. Looks strange, I know this doesn't belong to me. Besides, I don't have any handkerchief in this color. Who would leave this here? Could this belong to that person?

I mindlessly smelled it. Wait, I shouldn't have done that because it could be infected or something but damn, the scent of sweet lavender lingering on it is intoxicating but in a good way. This won't belong to a guy, would it? I mean the smell is too girly for them or maybe I'm just being sexist?

I just went back inside feeling a bit disappointed. Well, I was hoping that I could finally catch the paper plane sender but I guess they're a ninja. I shook my head and start to unfold the yellow paper plane.

"Sometimes there are people you don't notice but care for you."

The message is very different from the others I got from this person. It was usually advice or inspirational but today it's something I don't understand. Why would they say a message like this anyway? And who could they be referring to? Are there other people who know me other than Jisoo? What or who am I not noticing? As far as I know, I am the invisible one.

I swear, this person is really making me think. If they want to talk to me, they should really just try because I swear I would love to be friends with them. I mean why not? If it's not a joke, they seem like they actually care for me and they seem to be a very interesting person.