7

Riley's birthday rolls around and Calum decides, being the good (all of a sudden) boyfriend that he is, that Riley will have her party at his place so that they can go completely crazy without worrying. To get her parents to agree Kristine has to pursuade Jessica and Cruz that they're only having a mini party/sleepover at Riley's place, no alcohol, no drugs, nothing.

The night of the party Ashton gets ready dressing in a shirt and his good skinny jeans, he won't be drinking as the designated driver. Kristine wears a tight black dress, ending a quarter of the way down her thighs with wedges cut out at the waist, there's a stripe of denim up the front and back a zip up the back. Her hair is straightened and her make up is heavy.

Ashton comes over early to pick her up and Cruz answers the door, "Is Kristine ready?"

"I think she's upstairs but head on up," he replies.

Jessica pops out of the lounge when Ashton is halfway up the stairs, "Looking smart tonight, Ashton," she winks.

"That's enough input from you," Cruz whisks her away.

She tries to interject as Ashton blushes and replies, "Thank you Mrs Aldrin," as she is taken away into another room.

He knocks on Kristine's bedroom door once he's up the stairs and opens it with his eyes closed.

"Are you decent?" he questions with a snigger.

"Uh, yeah, but could you zip me up?" she asks.

With a gulp he opens his eyes to see Kristine standing in front of him. His hands shaking and his breathing heavier he moves forward as she holds her hair out the way. Kristine can both hear and feel his sharp shakey breaths behind her and when she turns around their faces are inches apart. There's a moment anticipation and everything seems to be slow motion until Ashton steps back and clears his throat, looking at the carpet.

Ashton desperately wants to tell her how beautiful she looks, how she could light up a room, how he wishes that he could stare at her forever and be the happiest man in the world but he decides against it and simply states, "You look nice"

"So do you," she replies with a nervous giggle.

"Shall we go?"

She nods and takes a step forward, "Look, Fletch, I'm taller than you"

He glances at her feet, "Yeah in black heels"

As Ashton looks at her dress he's filled with mixed emotions, he thinks she's beautiful, extremely gorgeous and undeniably sexy but a wave of envy creeps through him. He doesn't want anyone else to see her through fear of them seeing her in the same way he does, the way she looks tonight, it would be hard for anyone not to like her.

"Here, you'll probably be cold outside, take my jacket," he says, shrugging it off.

Since it's Ashton, she accepts and he helps her put it on, since it's a bigger size it falls just a little lower than her dress.

They leave and the car ride to pick up Michael isawkward, there's a heavy silence between the two until Ashton turns on the radio, unable to bear it any longer.

When Michael climbs in he sits in the back seat.

"Woah, you can feel the tension in here," he comments.

Kristine and Ashton giggle even more awkwardly.

Arriving at the Hood House they see bright lights and shadows already inside and getting out of the car they are met by loud singing and even louder music. Calum meets them at the door with an already drunk Riley latched onto his arm, giggling and very content.