8

Ashton doesn't hang out with anyone for a while. He spends most of his time with his drums, his guitar and couped away in his room.

"Ashton!" Anne-Marie calls up the stairs.

"What mum?" he groans in reply.

"I'm going out for the day can you look after Lauren and Harry?"

He sighs, "Sure"

"And by look after I don't mean sit in your room why they do whatever, I want you to do something with them," his mother yells.

Angry, Ashton opens the door and sighs, "Like what?"

"Swimming!" Harry yells.

"There you go swimming, I really have to go, Ash, I'll see you tonight," Anne-Marie leaves before Ashton can argue.

That afternoon Ashton tells Harry and Lauren to pack their swimming things and wait in the lounge.

"I'm going to invite one of my friends if you don't mind," Ashton says getting his phone out of his pocket.

"Not Calum or Luke, they're no fun at the pool," Lauren groans.

"Fine then Michael," Ashton sighs.

"Or Michael," Lauren adds.

"Well you've just narrowed out all of my friends, Lauren, pick one," Ashton whines.

"What about that girl you were with in the treehouse?" Harry says without looking up from his nintendo.

"What Kristine?" Ashton narrows his eyes.

"Is she the girl that's in all of the family photos with Mr and Mrs Cruz next door?" Harry glances up.

"Yeah, you mean Mr and Mrs Aldrin. She used to play with you when you were a baby," Ashton tells him.

"Well her," Harry replies.

"Yeah, I love Kristine," Lauren adds.

Ashton thinks for a second, "Fine I'll call her"

He dials her number but she doesn't reply so he decides to try her house. 

He knocks on the door and Mr Aldrin answers, "Hey, Ash, what can I do you for?"

"Uh, is Zel- Kristine in?" he asks.

"Yeah, I think she's upstairs, come on in just now son I'll go get her for you," Cruz chuckles and he steps inside.

When Kristine appears at the top of the stairs her hair is sat in a messy bun a the top of her head, she's in tracksuit bottoms and a baggy hoodie, but she looks perfect to Ashton.

"A-are you not hanging out with m-michael or anyone today?" he stutters.

"No, he's occupied with a new game but he'll be finished by tomorrow I expect," she replies. "What's up?"

"Well, Harry and Lauren were wondering if you'd want to come swimming with us today, their request," he clarifies.

"Yeah, I'd love to, now?" she questions.

"Well, you can get ready and things but basically," Ashton smiles slightly.

"Okay, just a minute," she smiles sweetly, making Ashton's heart melt just a little.

"I'll meet you at the car"

Lauren, stubbornly, insists on sitting in the front seat forcing Kristine to sit with Harry in the back.

"Hi Harry," she says attempting to make conversation with the 10 year old who's face is burried in his game boy.

"Hi," he replies simply. "Did I know you when I was little?"