12

I Never Felt More Uncomfortable In My Life. I Was Happy That Mama Gloria Had Came Down To Visit For Christmas And She Invited Me To Jay's House For A Small Christmas Dinner But I Had Barely Said Two Words Since. Ava And Jay Really Were The Host Of The Party, They Were Becoming Pretty Close And I Couldn't Lie And Say I Was Upset And Scared About That. With Jay Being Mad With Me He Was Capable Of Anything With Ava. I Was Not About To Lose My Baby To Anyone.

"Let Me Talk To You In The Living Room" I Heard Snapping Me Out Of My Thoughts. We Had Just Finished Eating And Everyone Was Basically Having Their Side Conversations. Ava Was Sitting On Jay's Lap Of Course And Noelle Was Surprisingly Calm, Probably Because Mama Gloria Was Here And She Didn't Play That Drama Mess.

I Looked Up At Mama Gloria And Nodded My Head Following Her Into The Living Room, Taking A Seat On The Couch While She Sat Across From Me.

She Just Smiled And I Smiled Weakly "What's Going On With You And Jay?"

"Nothing We're Fine, I'm Just Letting Him Soak Up All The Time He Can With Ava" I Halfway Lied.

"Beyoncé Don't You Know I've Known You For Years Baby, I Know When You're Lying" She Chuckled.

"He's Upset About Me Lying To Him"

"You Still Love Him?" She Asked Throwing Me Off Guard.

"How Do You Know I Loved Him In The First Place?"

"Beyoncé You And Jay Were Like One Person Growing Up. When Y'all Got To High School I Can See The Change Between You Two...I Knew Y'all We're Together At One Point. Plus Y'all Went Out Way Too Many Times At Night To Not Be Dating" She Laughed.

"But At My Mom's Party You Said You Didn't Know We Dated" I Said.

"Because I Didn't Want Y'all To Know That I Knew Chile...I Don't Know If He Still Loves You But What I Do Know Is He Doesn't Love His Wife. He's Holding On To Her By A String Just Because She's Carrying His Child"

I Looked Down, I Mean What Jay And Noelle Have Is Really None Of My Business. It's Not My Place To Have My Say In Their Relationship.

"Ma W-" Jay Stopped As He Saw Us.

"Just The Man I Wanted To See...Come Sit Down Son" She Said.

He Cleared His Throat About To Sit Down Next To Her "Boy Sit Down Next To Beyoncé" She Said. He Clenched His Teeth Taking A Seat Next To Me Leaving A Large Space In Between Us.

"You Need To Stop Being Mad With Bey, Yes She Lied But That Was Years Ago. Man Up And Be There For That Child. You Have To Have A Friendship With Bey For My Grandbaby Ava" Mama Gloria Smiled "You Got That? Now Talk It Out Cause I'm Tired Of Talking" She Said Getting Up Leaving Us Alone Which Had My Heart Beating Fast.

I Just Fiddled With My Fingers Scared To Look Into His Deep Brown Eyes "I Forgive You...And I'm Sorry If I Overreacted" He Said.

"It's Okay"

He Got Up "I'm Only Apologizing For My Mom And Ava" He Walked Out And I Rolled My Eyes.

I Walked Back Into The Dining Room To Join The Rest Of Them, I Just Talked To My Mom The Whole Night While Ava, Jay, And Noelle Stayed Close Together.
****
"Look At The Monkeys" Mama Gloria Said To Ava As They Pointed At The Glass. Mama Gloria Wanted To Spend As Much Time As She Could With Ava And I While She Was Here For Christmas.

"They're So Cute, Can I Buy Something From The Store?!" Ava Asked As She Pointed To It.

"Yes..Come On Noelle" She Said As She Held Ava's Hand.

"Mama Gl-"

"What Did I Say, Noelle?" Mama Gloria Said Cutting Her Off. She Looked At Jay And Walked Off With Them Into The Store Down The Long Strip.