1

Once upon a time there were a woman and a man who had fallen deeply in love. But there love was forbidden. You see the woman lived on the land while the man lived deep in the sea. They met one night when a storm had hit and he was looking for his Queen.

A woman with long black hair and beautiful blue eyes set on her couch and watched the storm. She let out a sigh as she stood up and turned her Tv off. She moved to walk up the stairs and go to bed only to hear a knock on her door.

"Who could be out there?" She asked as she rushed to the door.

When she opened the door a man fell forward and she was forced to try and catch him. He leaned on her and she gasped as she saw his wound. She put all her weight to carry him to her couch so she could bandage him up. The next morning he woke up and looked around.

"I see you are awake." She said as she walked into the room.

"Where am I?" He asked softly.

"My house. You were injured, so I bandaged you up." She explained.

"Who are you?" He asked as he looked her up and down.

"I'm Jane. Jane Alexander." She said softly.

"Nuidis Vulko, but you may call me Vulko. I am the Chief counselor to the king of Atlantis." He said calmly.

"Wow..... So is Atlantis as beautiful as the stories say?" she asked as she got closer to him.

"It is more beautiful then the stories say." He said with a smile.

As the days past Vulko and Jane became closer. He would tell her stories about his world and she would tell him about hers. As days past they slowly fell in love with each other and the stories they told. Soon they were wed and Vulko spent many days with her, but when the time came for their child to be born disaster had struck.

"Vulko what's wrong?" Jane asked as she walked into their shared room.

"Atlanna, the queen of Atlantis has returned.... and she has had a son." He said softly.

"So what's wrong with it?"

"I am to train him..... which means... I will not be able to come here." He said softly.

"You can visit."

"No..... I...I have to stay in Atlantis and over see their training and.... I must also over see the first son of Atlanna.... I will not have time to come see you and if my king learns of.... if he learns about our child.... there is no telling what he will do." He said sadly.

"But what about our child..... can you truly leave them behind?" Jane asked sadly.

"I have no choice... we can't take the chance of King Orvax learning about them. our child must stay here.... away from my world." He said as he kissed her forehead.

"I don't want to lose you." She said through tears.

"You will never lose me." He said as he leaned down and kissed her.

A week passed before she had the child, a baby girl who was soon named Alana.

"Hello sweetheart." Jane said as she cradled me in her arms.

"She is beautiful." Vulko said as he looked down at my sleeping form.

"We can run.... go where they can never find us." She said softly.

"I can't.... because I know they will find us, and they will take her away.... and they will kill you." He said sadly.

"I love you." Jane whispered.

"And I love you." He said as he kissed her softly.

Soon it was time for goodbyes and I cried as my father look at me sadly.

"Come here my love. One day we will meet again. I swear, but for now..... you can know nothing about me..... or my life..... I know I will return to you someday, but for now... you must think that I don't exist.... I hope you can forgive me." He said as he kissed my forehead.

He handed me to my mother and turned to leave. He looked back at the once and then smiled softly.

"I will return to this spot at sunset.... wait for me." He said before he dived into the water.

I would grow to become a beautiful woman. As my father said I would know nothing about him and I would come to believe he abandoned me and my mother.

"Alana come down for supper!" My mother yelled.

I put my long black hair in a bun and walked down the stairs. I saw her cooking meatloaf and I smiled softly.

"Smells amazing." I said as I started to set the table.

"So I invited Thomas Curry and his son. His son is a is coming as well." She said softly.

"How old is his son?" I asked a so grabbed two more plates and glasses.

"Twenty, he is six years older than you." She said calmly.

"What's his name?" I asked as I plopped down in a chair.

"Arthur." She said as she brought the food to the table.

Soon they arrived and I greeted them.

"Hi. I'm Alana, you must be Mr. Curry and Arthur." I said softly.

"Nice to meet you small fry." Arthur said softly.

I shook his hand and then we all set down. It didn't take long for me to become friends with Arthur and soon he started to show me self defense.

"Okay keep your hands up high." He said softly.

I nodded my head as I did what he said and he made a move to hit me, but I grabbed his arm and threw him over my shoulder.

"Nice move.... where... you learn it?" He asked out of breath.

"I don't know.... I just knew how to do it." I said as I looked at my hands.

As the years past and I turned before I turned twenty-two I had become close friends with Arthur and I spent most of my time with him when he got back from an adventure.

My life was perfect, until I came home to see my mom holding a picture frame with tears in her eyes.

"Mom, what's wrong?" I asked as I rushed to her side.

"I have something I have to tell you.... about your father." She said sadly.