Chapter Five

It being the weekend and the last good weather of the year, the park was full with kids playing. Kong smiled as he watched them. There was a family with a dog sitting next to the pound. Kong walked over and asked them if it would be ok to take pictures of them as they played and explained what it was for. They happily agreed only if they could see them after words and have copies of them as well. As he took the pictures and watched the family he couldn't help but think of the last time he spent time with his mom and dad like this.

Walking throw the park himself, Art was taking pictures as well. Just as he turned to the pound to take a snap he happen to see Kong throw the lease. For some reason a small smile came across his face as he snapped a picture of Kong taking pictures of the family. He slowly made his way over to him careful not to bother him. He stood over Kong watching as he worked.

The moment Kong stood up and turned around he was shocked to see Art standing there behind him. Seeing how close they where Kong went to take a step back only to step and trip over one of the kids toys. Without even think Art reached out and wrapped his arm around Kong's waist pulling him back up and to him.

''Hey, you should be more careful'' Art said with a little laugh as well.

Kong pushed him away a bit and nods speaking softly as he looks down trying not to meet Art's eyes.

''Thanks P' '' He said as he bent down to grab his bag then walks over to the mother and father of the family and hands them a piece of paper with his info on it telling them that in a few weeks they can call about the photos.

Kong then turned to still see Art there. Taking in a deep breath he nods to Art and walks off. Unable to help himself Art follows after Kong almost in a jog. Art called after him only to notice that he had placed his head phones in his ear. He ran up next to Kong and pulled one of them out.

''Hey, where are you going in a hurry?'' Art wondered seeing as this was the third time now that Kong has done this.

Kong stopped and looked at him then spoke ''Thank you for saving me the other day, Thank you for finding my key chain and thank you for helping me just now. That's what you wanted right for me to thank you? Well thank you and goodbye.'' Kong gives Art a wai and turns to leave but just as he was about to step off the grass onto the bike path, Art grabs his arm and pulls him back.

Giving a soft sigh Art lets go and nods to the bike going past ''You should really look where you step or going next time and sorry if I seemed to bother you. Truthfully I saw you take photos and wanted to see what they looked like and maybe talk.''He took a step back and brushed the hair from his own face. ''Anyways, sorry I'll leave you alone now. Bye.''

Art took off with out even looking back at him and all Kong could do is stand there watching him. Kong rubbed the back of his neck feeling bad for the way he acted just now. Was he just a little to hard on him? Kong knew how Art was and that he spent a lot of time alone in high school. Even now seeing him around school he noticed that he was still alone.

Kong felt bad and choose to run after him. The moment he caught up with Art he was out of breath. He reached out and pulled on Art's sleeve softly to make him stop.

''P' I--I'm so--sorry'' he tried to speak as he was trying to catch his breath.

Art smiled softly at him. ''It's Fin--'' before he could finish Kong raised his hand.

''It's not, you where trying to be nice and I just brushed you off. I'm sorry'' Kong finally able to breath stood straight up and look at him. He never really noticed before but Art was a bit taller then him. Enough to make him have to look up. He took a step back to make it a little easier to look at him.

''If you want we can look at the photos I took today together and maybe grab some lunch as well.'' Kong smiled softly rubbing the back of his head.

Art nodded and smiled as well ''yeah that would be awesome'' He reached out and grabbed a hold of Kong's wrist and started to pull him as he walked to the parking lot where he car was. Moving to the passengers side of the car, Art unlocked the doors and opened it for Kong. Next thing he knew Art was shutting the door for him and ran over to the driver side and hopped in turning the car on.