Chapter 27: School Dance Adventure

Chapter 27

Ross’ POV

A beautiful creature, I would say.

She walked out and closed the door behind her. We got in the car and slowly drove to Laura’s school. It was already 9 o’clock, and the dance was starting at this time. But I knew Laura. I knew that she preferred being fashionably late at things like that, so it would be a little less awkward for her. It was dark outside and that made the ride a lot nicer.

“So, what’s the plan?” She asked me.

“I-, I don’t know.”                          

“Oh come on! It was your idea!”

“Okay,” I started. “First, you need to avoid them so they don’t ask any questions.”

“So I just like, hide for the whole night…?”

“Not the whole night. Just for maybe an hour or two. And you don’t need to hide. You just need to be were they’re not.”

“Got it.”

“It’s pretty simple and I’ll help you. The harder part is what comes after that.”

“What is it…?”

“You have to make them both break up with you.”

“And that’s when you come in handy.”

“Exactly.”

“And what are we gonna do to make them break up with me?”

“I-, I kind of haven’t figured that out yet…”

“Ross! Are you kidding me!? This is the most important thing of the whole plan and you haven’t figured it out yet!?”

“Look, I’m sorry! It’ll come to me during the night, okay!?”

“It better…”

“It will, I promise.” I sad as I looked in her eyes with a softer voice to comfort her a little.

I parked the car in the big parking lot. I opened the door for Laura and we slowly walked to the main entrance with the big wide stairs.

“This is amazing…” She trailed off as soon as her eyes stopped on the entrance.

The whole entrance was lit up in purple and blue-ish lights. The stairs were illuminated by pink lights. It was really nice. The music was really loud too. As we walked up the stairs, we were starting to see people dancing. We walked in this huge room, again, lit up by all different color lights. There was a lot of people here, and I was kind of surprised by that, because usually people think they’re too cool for school, and just end up not showing up.

“This is so cool!” She said looking around her.

“You know, it’s just a school dance…”

“Hey! I’m allowed to think it’s really nice!”

“You such a dork,” I murmured.

“But you like me like that.”

God this chick!

Laura’s POV

It was just so nice here. I couldn’t believe it! I was so not expecting this for a ‘school dance’.

“Laura,” He whispered to me. I didn’t pay attention.

“Laura.” He said, this time a little louder.