Chapter 9: The days before the Ball

A week after Hermione and Draco visited the Manor, Professor McGonagall announced a winter ball for all assigned couples. It was going to be held the day before everyone leaves for the holiday. "My beautiful Hermione would you be interested in accompanying me to the winter ball?" Draco asked sweetly. "Of course my love id be honored to join you for the ball" she replied as he spun her around. "I believe McGonagall is going to allow us to go to Hogsmeade to buy ball gowns and dress robes" Hermione said to Draco, "Alright, well when we can go my vault is at your disposal and you may buy whatever gown you wish" Draco said smiling. A few days passed and it was the day the couples could make a trip to Hogsmeade to pick out formal attire.

Girls POV
Hermione, Pansy, Luna and Ginny went to Rowena's dresses for all occasions in Hogsmeade to find their ball gowns. "Pansy you pick yours first!" Hermione said and the others nodded in agreement. "I think I'm going to go with a deep purple dress, Tight fitting with no straps" Pansy said to the store owner. "I have just the dress for you!" And she brought out a dress perfectly matching Pansy's description and it fit Pansy like a glove. "I'll take it!" Said Pansy as she sent it back to her room at Hogwarts. "Ginny you go next!" Hermione said. "I want a black strapless dress with a ball gown type bottom and a heart shaped top" Ginny said to the lady. "Here you go ma'am" said the lady as she handed Ginny the exact dress she wanted. Ginny purchased it and had it sent back to her room. "Luna you next" said Hermione. "I'd like a light blue dress with short sleeves and very elegant" Luna told the lady and the lady brought out Luna's perfect dress. "I'll take it!" Luna said as she had it sent back to her room as well. "Alright Hermione it's your turn" Ginny said smiling. "I want a strapless red dress with a mermaid style bodice" Hermione said. "Here you go ma'am" the lady said as she handed Hermione her dress which was perfect. Hermione bought her dress and also had it sent back to Hogwarts. "Let's go for tea ladies!" Ginny said, "I'm sure the boys aren't done yet!". They went to a cute little tea shop while waiting for the boys to be finished.

Boys POV
"Let's head to Men's wizard wear" Draco said to the others. "Alright! We can get our dress robes there" Harry said. They walked into the shop and began looking around. It didn't take them long to find the perfect robes because Draco has nice tastes in clothing. "Hey mates" Draco said "I'm going to propose to Hermione during the ball, I have everything worked out with McGonagall will you all help me?" Draco asked. "Of course mate!" Blaise said with the others agreement. "What can we do to help? Do you need us to distract Hermione while you get things settled at the dance?" Harry asked. "When I give my signal at the dance I want you and Ron to take Hermione to the snack area and Blaise I need you to follow me to McGonagall as she has my ring" Draco said. "Alright mate! We've got your back" Blaise said. The guys made their plan on how to surprise Hermione as she is good at figuring out surprises. The guys decided to head to the Three Broomsticks for some firewhiskey before heading back to the castle. 

All POV

They boys ran into the girls on their way to the Three Broomsticks. "Hello Ladies" Blaise said "Did you find your perfect ball gowns?" He continued. "Yes we did!" Ginny said "Now lets go get some firewhiskey and head back to the castle!" she continued as they walked into the Three Broomsticks. They drank their firewhiskey and laughed for another hour before returning to the castle. The girls made the boys stay in the common room while they put their ballgowns away. Draco went to his room after 5 minutes and found Hermione already lying in bed reading a book. "Hello beautiful" Draco said as he changed into his pajamas and laid down next to her. "Hey Draco" she replied, "Did you enjoy hanging out with the guys today?" she asked, "Yea I did! It was nice to get along with Potter and Weasley" Draco replied "Thats great! Well im going to go to sleep its only a few days till the ball and Id like to look well rested" Hermione said giving Draco a kiss on the cheek. Hermione put her book down and pulled the covers over her and almost as soon as her head hit the pillow she fell asleep. 

*********************************************************************

Sorry I know this is a short chapter but guess what its New Years Eve!!!! WOOHOO 2019 lets get it!