Chapter 6: Hogsmede dates

James' P.O.V 

Last night the boys and I decided to ask the girls to Hogsmede this weekend how that will go I don't know i just hope it goes fine. I pace around my room about 6:30 in the morning with the boys here trying to practice what to say.

" OK, so traditionally the head girl and boy have to go to hogsmede on the first trip so Lily cant say no. So should I say," * Insert clearing throat noise* " So, Lily since there is a Hogsmede trip next Saturday I was if you wanted to hang with me and the marauders since traditionally the heads have to go together to the town with everyone? I was just wondering,' What do you think?,"

They nod each other then Sirius speaks,

" How about ' Oh Lily-Flower come with me to hogsmede grab a butterbeer and lets have fun!!!,

" How about... NO," I say.

" You hurt me Prongs,"

By the time Padfoot had stopped being dramatic ( which was like 7:10 am) we headed down to the great hall just before Lily.

' OK James just like you practiced with the dudes"

I waited for Lily who sat across for me to ask.

" So, Lily," 

" So James," She mocked me, I just smirked and carried on,

" Since there is a Hogsmede trip next Saturday I was if you wanted to hang with me and the marauders since traditionally the heads have to go together to the town with everyone? I was just wondering"

" Sure," She replied and continued to eat breakfast.

" Actually, Sirius and I are going to the three broomsticks for a date then," Marlene stated 

' THANKS A LOT PADFOOT THAT WAS INFO I COULD OF USED BEFORE!!!

" BUT," Sirius starts " We can still catch up there," he shrugs his shoulders.

" I'm Okay with it if you guys are,?" I said

" I am," Lily said, I swear I saw her blush but she looked away to quickly,

" Me too," Remus said,

" Same," Peter said,

" Alice, your welcome too," I say,

" Sorry can't," She blushed? Alice blushing what the Hogwarts?!? She never blushes but before I can ask Marlene, Alice and Lily before I knew it. I really wanted to follow them but I knew I couldn't if I want to be Lily's friend I had to be a friend nothing more. 

(BTW Lily's P.O.V will be the same time as James but when she enters the great hall)

Lily's P.O.V 

OH MY MERLIN James hasn't asked me out yet but I WANT him to because for once I would said 
'yes'  

I sit down across from him and pick up a croissant but before I could even get it to my mouth James says,

" So Lily" He starts

" So James," I mocked him, he just smirked and carried on honestly that smirk is gonna kill me,

" Since there is a Hogsmede trip next Saturday I was if you wanted to hang with me and the marauders since traditionally the heads have to go together to the town with everyone? I was just wondering"

" Sure," I replied and continued to eat breakfast.

" Actually, Sirius and I are going to the three broomsticks for a date then," Marlene stated

" BUT," Sirius starts " We can still catch up there," he shrugs his shoulders.

" I'm Okay with it if you guys are,?" James said

" I am," I said, as I blush I turn my head quickly,

" Me too," Remus said,

" Same," Peter said,

" Alice, your welcome too," James say's,

" Sorry can't," She blushed, I know why. James looks in deep thought trying to figure why Alice is blushing, Obviously I was staring to long because Marlene nudged me saying.

" Lily has a crush," 

" Shut up Mar, come on lets go," I say and Mar, Alice and myself head back to my dorm

* * *

When we get back I flop on the couch and sigh heavily.

" What's wrong Lils," Mar ask me,

" It's- It's j- jus-," I Start

" Let me guess  Since you like James and he normally would of asked you out about 54 times you're worried he won't ask you out when this time you would of said yes," She replies will looking at her nails.

" Wow yeah actually that's true I just wish he would ask me out," 

* * * 

About 11 am the girls go back to the dorm to do some Homework - which I've finished- so I'm left alone with my thoughts and fall asleep wondering if James will ever ask me out again.