Chapter 13: The ball

Lily's P.O.V

Mum and Dad are dead and it's all YOUR fault with your stupid magic if you didn't have it they would be alive but their dead, dead DEAD

I woke up covered in sweat with sheets sticking to my body. Are they dead?  I think to myself with the thought in mind I jump out of bed making sure there was no letter from the ministry on my desk. None. Phew their okay, I decided to clear my head by taking a walk to the quidditch pitch. I put on a nice pair of jeans and a white blouse with a beanie and a scarf as it's a bit cold outside with the autumn breeze. I let the silence ring in my ears and start thinking about everything I guess all my time at Hogwarts and then my mind runs to this morning,  by now I'm at the quidditch pitch and I head up to the stands. All I can think about is that stupid nightmare soon enough I'm bursting out in tears imagining if something like that did happen. I don't know how long I've been here as I forgot my watch but I hear someone walking up the stairs only to find out that that person is James. 

" Lils, you okay?" he asks as he comes to sit down beside me. 

" No, not really," James gives me one of the biggest bear hugs I've had, I cry into his shoulder and then explain my nightmare to him and he just sits and listens and then re-ensures me that if they did die it would never be my fault I feel so happy he's my boyfriend. After a couple of minutes, he speaks up. 

" Dumbledore wants to see us as well, he wouldn't tell me what about," I nod and get up to leave. We reach Dumbledore's office within 5 minutes and say the password ' chocolate frogs' that guys love sweets. Before I can knock I can hear a gentle ' come in' from our headmaster. James and I walk in to see a girl our age with curly brown hair with beautiful blue eyes. Professor Dumbledore introduces her as Mary McDonald an exchange student from New Zealand. We introduce ourselves and the headmaster explains that we will be her tour guides for a while until she gets used to the place. We walk out with Mary and start having a conversation together. James and I take her to the Gryffindor common room and introduce her to Marlene, Sirius, Remus and Peter after we've introduced her to our Hufflepuff friend Tonks. Our friends seem to like Mary and I'm glad about it. James soon realizes we are late for breakfast, classic. We rush to the great hall and the smell of food is so delicious. We sit down with our friends and start chatting away and eating. About 20 minutes after we got there Dumbledore stands up to speak.

" Good Morning students. This morning I have two announcements. 1. I would like to introduce a new 7th-year student from New Zealand Mary McDonald" Everyone claps to welcome her and then Dumbledore continues " Yes, yes welcome Mary. Now Mary is a Gryffindor so everyone tries and makes her feel welcome. Now my second announcement. All 7th years get the day off in order to prepare for the traditional 7th year Halloween Ball organized by our head girl and Head Boy Lily Evans and James Potter," A bunch of boo's come from 6th years and below and yay's from all the 7th years including me.

" YAY THANKS DUMBLY YOU'RE THE BEST," James shouts from on top of the table above everyone else. Which includes students to chuckle. 

" Thank you, Mr Potter, for that comment, may I also see our head girl and boy after breakfast thanks you," Dumbledore sits down and James and I head to the headmaster's office for the second time in 1 hour. Once we get there we only stay for 20 minutes Dumbledore just wants to ask us about tonight and then we explain everything and after that, we head on our way to decorate the great hall. Hours later the great hall is looking the best it can be it is finished, finally, by now it's 2:30 and I need to get ready for the ball it starts in 1 & 1/2  hours and I need to get ready. I head to my dorm to get ready to find James there already on the couch drunk on butterbeer and properly fire whiskey. I head over to him and sit down next to him. 

" You good?" I ask as he looks drunk. Merlin James. 

"  Of course I am, You're next to me and I'm going to the ball with the best girl in the world," He says while dropping his butterbeer and falling asleep. I sigh whilst cleaning his mess with a flick of my wand and put a blanket on him with a light kiss on his forehead. I head to my room and sit on my bed thinking, just thinking I don't have time to take a walk so I turn on the radio and get ready for the ball. The girls and I were supposed to get ready together but I said I needed some me time, they asked if I was okay and I just need some me-time. I haven't had time alone for a long time. I take a shower to relax and then get into my silky rosy red dress and apply my make up which is just a natural look with red lipstick not bright. I check the time. 4:45 pm. I need to go. I put on my black wedges and head to the great hall. My dress flowing behind me and my wedges clipping against the stone-cold floor. I get to one more set of stairs before the great hall entrance and see James there in a handsome black suit his hair still messy ( I love it though) I walk down for him to turn around and he just looked at me with a cute dumb look on his face. 

James' quick P.O.V 

DAMN SHE LOOKING FABULOUSSSSSSSS

Lily's P.O.V

I walk down the stairs towards James. He just stands there for a moment. With the help of Sirius waving his hand in front of his hand to bring him back to reality. We soon head into the great hall do our speech blah blah blah. Soon we start dancing fin upbeat dances slowly going into slow dances, which James and I have to lead as head girl and boy but we're fine with that honestly I can see Remus stopping Sirius from wolf-whistling. I honestly couldn't have asked for a better date, boyfriend and ball. Soon enough everyone is dancing, drinking, eating and most importantly enjoying themselves. I say to James an hour into the ball I am going to go outside and get some fresh air he asks if I need him but I tell him to have fun with his friends I give him a quick kiss then turn to go outside. I walk outside my wedges clicking against the floor and my dress and hair flowing behind me in the cool autumn air. I stay outside for a good 10 minutes soaking in the silence and coolness before I get too cold and let unwanted thoughts wander in my head.

" So, finally realizing Potter wasn't the best choice now are we," I know that cold snarky voice. With his wand pointing straight at me.

" Severus," I turn and see my ex-best friend.  " what do you want?" I reply harshly. 

" Leave that Potter boy and come with me," 

" Never, why would I go with someone like you who calls me a mudblood, why do you want to hang around a mudblood Snape, do you want to kill me and give me to your ' dark lord'," I say mocking him, right now I don't care. Before I give him time to explain I wipe my wand out and disarm him then knock him out. I take his wand then run inside to find a professor.

" Professor McGonagall, Severus is outside, he was trying to kidnap me, I think, he was up to something I knew it," I explain and she gets Professor Dumbledore then runs outside when I run to James.

" You okay Lils, you seem frightened," James asks caringly holding me tight to make sure I was safe.

" Yeah, kinda, not really. I just want to go back to the dorm. I'll see you later," I kiss James but before I leave James grabs my wrist and says he'll come to he doesn't want to be here without me which is really sweet. SO James and I head back to the dorm hand in hand and we get changed into something more comfortable we sit on the sofa, put the fire on and eat snacks and just talk, I tell him about what happened with Snape and he seems more protective than ever now. We sit in comfortable silence before I slowly fall asleep on James.

The next morning I wake up on the sofa next to him.

1549 words.

Hey guys soz for not updating sooner I hand other plans for the end but in order for that this chapter wouldn't be up for another month probably :) I am going to start writing a Larry Stylinsin fanfiction, so if you wanna check it out I will try my best to get the first chapter up as soon as possible. 

See ya later

this is the longest chapter I have written