Chapter Eighteen: Peter

OUR WORKOUT IS tiring as ever. By the end of it, I'm ready to just collapse on my soft, cozy bed and just sleep for eternity. That's how intense Mom's workout it is, but he needs it to stay fit for his acting.
We pile in the car and I head to Mom's set for Chaos Walking to drop Mom off. When I do so, he smiles warmly at me and pecks my forehead before leaving.
"Be careful, Mom," I say. "Stay safe."
Mom smiles again. "I will, honey. You stay safe too."
I nod and I begin to roll up my window but Mom stops me.
"Peter?" Mom starts.
"Yes, Mom?" I say.
"Do you mind picking me up when I'm done with work?" Mom asks.
"Not at all!" I say, smiling. "What time?"
"Um...probably around 5ish? Somewhere between 5-5:15?"
"Okay, Mom."
Mom pecks my forehead again with the same tender kiss as before. "Love you, Pete. Be careful. Let me know if you find Wade."
"I will, Mom. Love you too," I say.
Mom smiles and walks off to his work. I roll up my window and texted Matt, and Uncle Harrison that I'm on my way back home.
So, I shut my phone off and pressed the gas pedal and head off home.

+ + +

"How's Tom?" Uncle Harrison asks me when I arrive home. "Where was he?"
"He's...Mom's slowly loosing his happiness again. He was at the cemetery visits my dead father and then we worked out," I explain.
"Oh," Uncle Harrison says. "But your mother's okay...right?"
I nod. "He's fine. He's tired. He's slowly getting depressed again. He misses Dad."
Uncle Harrison sighs. "We've got to do something about this! I can't...I can't take it anymore, Peter. I can't! I'm tired of seeing your mother, my WIFE so so miserable every freaking day! It just...it breaks my heart!"
"I know," I say, sitting next to him and placing a hand on his shoulder in comfort. "But Mom will get better. He got better once and if he can do it once, he can do it again. It just takes time, Dad."
Uncle Harrison looks at me and stares at me for God knows how long. I gulp and start to get uncomfortable. I look down and stare at my feet instead, keeping the silence. Until finally Uncle Harrison says, "You're a lot like your mother you know that, Peter?"
I look back up at him, shocked that he actually admits it. But he probably already told me that before.
"I know," I say. "Lot of people tell me that I look like my mother. That I have his hair style, his kindness, his...according to his fangirls "adorableness and cuteness". That I'm strong like him. That my facial structure is similar to his. But I have my father's blue eyes and
"You do," Uncle Harrison admits. "You do have your father's blue eyes."
I smile a bit then Uncle Harrison stares and plays with his ring.
"We'll find Wade," I say. "I promise."
"There's no need!" a new voice says.
I whip my head around rapidly, my eyes widen and I'm smiling. It's Adikius, Wade, and another boy, probably about Wade's age.
I stand up immediately and run up to Wade, opening my arms widely and embracing him in my arms. I lift him up and spin him around. He's laughing and trying to calm me down at the same time.
"WADE!" I shout. "OH, WADE! THANK GOD!"
"Haha! Peter! Relax! I'm fine! I'm okay!" Wade says as I set him gently on the ground.
I place both hands on his pale cheeks and examine every facial feature he has, checking for any injuries this woman "Mrs. Dark" did to him. I check his forehead, temples, eyes, lips, chin, cheeks, neck, ears, even his nose!
But surprisingly, he had none!
I hug him tightly again, burying my face in the crook of his neck. Wade, smiling widely, hugs me back. He also buries his face in the crook of my neck. See. This is how close we are.
"Peter!" Wade says, but he's beginning to sob.
"Shh," I soothe. "It's okay! It's okay! I'm right here! I'm right here! You're safe! You're safe! I got you! I got you, Wade! And I'm never leaving you again! No matter if I'm married and away or not. I love you!"
Wade smiles as he pulls back, sniffing and wiping his now tear-stained cheeks. He looks around. He's probably looking for Mom and Chris.
"Where's Mom?" Wade asks, turning back to me.
"He's at the set. Don't worry, he's fine," I explain.
Wade nods. "What about Chris?"
"He went home. Probably to go look for you," I say.
Wade nods again. God, does he look exhausted! His cheeks are pale and filled with tears of happiness and relief. He has bags under his eyes, which are red and puffy. His hair is all messed up.
"Why don't you take a nap?" I suggest. "Get some rest."
Wade yawns and nods. Sleepily, he walks up the steps to his room, gently closing the door behind him. Once he's gone, I turn back to face Adikius and the boy next him.
"Thank you, Adikius, for saving my brother," I say.
"Of course, Peter," Adikius says.
The boy next to him widen his eyes and his mouth drops.
"You're Wade's older brother?!" the boy says, amazed. "The one he keeps on talking about?!"
I chuckle and nod. "That I am."
"Woah...!" the young boy says. "You look excatly like your Mom, like Wade said you did! Woah! Peter Reynolds! Wow! You're...wow..."
I blush deeply and look down, my eyes flicker back up at him though.
"You okay...?" I ask the stunned boy.
He nods dreamily, eyes still wide and jaw still dropped.
"Wow...I...Wow...you're beautiful...I..." the boy rants.
I laugh again and look up. I held out my hand for him to shake it.
"Why thank you," I say. "As you said, the name's Peter. Yours?"
"Q-Quinn..." Quinn stutters. He's still staring at me.
I gulp. I don't know if this is normal or not, but he's been staring at me for quite some time now. I'm slowly beginning to worry.
"Adikius?" I say, turning my attention towards him now, my eyes full of worry.
"Yes, young Peter?" Adikius says.
"Is Quinn okay? He's been staring at me for like two whole minutes. Not blinking or anything...is that normal?" I question.
Adikius chuckles at my concern.
"Yes. He's in shock is all. He'd never thought he'd get to meet you after what Wade told him about you," Adikius explains.
"Oh," is all I can manage.
"CAN I MEET YOUR MOM?!" Quinn gasps. He says it so loud I have to cover my ears.
He probably just realized that my mother is the actor for the new Spider-Man. He's probably a fan of my mother.
"Are you a fan of my Mom?" I ask randomly, arching an eyebrow.
Quinn nods three times quickly.
"Yes! I loved Homecoming!" Quinn exclaims.
I chuckle again and sigh. "My mother's at work right now. He's at the set for Chaos Walking."
"When will he be finished?!" Quinn says. "And will he come here when he's done?!"
"Yes. He will come here when he's done. He said I have to pick him up around 5-5:15 ish. So if you're still here when he walks in the house, don't barge in on him with questions and asking for autographs right away. Give him some time to relax and get settled in, okay?"
Quinn nods in understanding and salutes.
"Yes, sir!"
Suddenly, my phone rings. I pick it up, hoping it's either Mom, Aunt Zen, Uncle Harry, Uncle Paddy, Uncle Sam or Matt. But surpirisingly, it's Miss Daisy Ridley!
I try to control my excitement. But that was a fail.
"OH MY FREAKING GOD!" I yell, my eyes wide again and smiling and my heart's pounding against my chest.
"What?! What is it?!" everyone asks around me.
I must've woken Wade up from his nap because he came sprinting down the stairs and into the living room, his eyes wide and breathing heavily.
"Peter?!" Wade says. "What's going on?!"
I press the speaker button.
"Hello?!" Miss Ridley says, her voice panicking. "Is this Peter and Wade Reynolds?! Is Harrison here?!"
"Yes! We're here! Both me and Wade and Dad!" I tell her. "You're on speaker Miss Ridley. What happened? Is Mom okay?"
"No. He's not!" Miss Ridely says, her voice still panicking.
"What happened?!" Wade asked, frightened.
"Your mother...he's unconscious."