P32

(Tsukiko POV)

I stared at him in shock. He doesn't love me... anymore?

Maybe it was a joke! "Ahaha.. Syo, you shouldn't joke about that.." I said, reaching out to him again.

He slapped my hand away. "I...I need time to think." he said, turning away and leaving.

I stood there in the door way, completely shattered.

My knees gave up under me and my eyes began to water. "Syo.." I whispered. I lay my back to the wall.

I recalled all of the memories and times we had together..

--flashback--

"Wait! Um.. were you.. serious about before?" Syo stood in silence for a few seconds.

".....Yes." He said quietly. "I know it's kind of sudden, because we haven't seen each other in so long, but I really do still like you. Ever since elementary school!" I covered my face to try and stop me from turning red from embarrassment.

"You know.. I did too, because you were my hero. I really admired and loved you at the same time.." I mumbled, almost under my breath.

"What?" Syo asked, probably unable to hear what I had just said. I took in a deep breath and stepped a little closer to him.

Then I leaned for a kiss.

Even though I tried to make the kiss as short as possible, it felt like it dragged on forever.

--end--

That was.. our confession... when we admitted our love for each other. It was also our first kiss together.

What a sweet memory..

--flashback--

Suddenly, the professor came back into the room.

He sighed and began stripping my clothes off.

"No!!!" I screamed. Misaki, Jinguji, and Syo burst into the room.

Misaki shouted, "Get off of her!"

Syo ran over and kicked the professor off of me.

"I'm glad you're okay, Tsukiko!" He said, kneeling by my side.

"Oh well.." The professor sighed, walking out of the room.

"Tsukiko, are you okay?" Misaki asked

"I think he was trying to h-harass me..." I said in fear.

Suddenly,, Misaki threw Syo at me and left with Jinguji.

"Those two need alone time together!" she had said.

Syo and I watched them go out the door.

Syo looked at me. Then he began to lean in...

"Stop!" I shouted, pulling my head away, not noticing wires had been torn off.

"Tsukiko?"

"Get away from me!" I screamed. I don't want this. I don't want him.

--end--

That was when he came to save me... and yet I denied him.

After one sweet memory, only painful ones came back.

I hurt everyone, and I didn't even realize until the end, when they all disappeared from my side.

The hot teardrops rolled down my cheeks. I had no will to stop them. I was sad, alone, and hurt.

I'm not strong at all...

I heard footsteps from the other end of the hall. I wiped away my tears and brushed the hair away from my face, hoping I didn't look horrifying.

I turned my head in the direction of the footsteps and saw a handsome brunette in a lab coat coming my way.

I waited for him to approach me, if that was his goal.

"Tsukiko Kirana." he said with a sunny smile. Up close, he was even better looking.

I looked up at him with my still slightly wet eyes.

I was just about to ask, "Who are you?" when it clicked.

He was the professor.

How? The one I had always seen had long, shaggy brown hair and stubble..

His smile faded into a dark smirk and he knelt down next to me.

He put his mouth next to my ear and sweetly whispered, "Are you heartbroken yet?"