Episode One: The Dark Lord Alex Chang!

(Start in the Maven Mage's lair. Nineteen-year-old ALEX has his wrists and ankles tied to a large board. CAMERON and JUNKO [from Danganronpa] stand on either side of him. The MAVEN MAGE enters holding a small box with a lock.)

Maven-Here's that son I was talking about. His name is Alexander, but the other guys at the factory call him Alex.

(A voice comes from the box.)

Box-Excellent. He has the kind of face I've been looking for. Cool, rugged, commanding. It'll definitely strike fear into the hearts of those helpless mortals.

Maven-I'm glad you like it. There's one catch, though: I'm one of the most powerful mages in Miitopia. If I decide this whole operation isn't working out, I can stop it as quickly as I started it.

Box-You won't need to. Tell me, do you have any children whom you might have passed down your powers to?

Maven-Well, I have a daughter, but I didn't really raise her. If she had powers, she probably wouldn't know about them. Why do you ask?

Box-I don't want anyone stopping me. Now, let's get started.

Maven-(sarcastically) Yes, Your Highness.

(She produces a key and inserts it in the lock.)

Maven-Sorry, Alex, but it'll all be better in the end.

(She turns the key. The box lid swings open. A blue gas flies out, covering the screen. Opening theme. Establishing shot of Miitopia. The GUARDIAN narrates.)

Guardian-This is the world of Miitopia.

(A series of shots portraying different Miis enjoying their daily lives: a man seated with a cup of tea, a woman watering her flowers, two children dancing together.)

Guardian-It is a world where every Mii can live in peace in harmony. At least, it was.

(A purple wave shoots across the screen. The children's faces fly off in blue circles. Cut back to the woman and her flowers.)

Guardian-The darkness came without warning.

(The purple wave shoots across the screen again. The woman's face flies off, her body left flailing. Cut back to the man with his tea.)

Guardian-A great and terrible shadow threatening all of Miitopia.

(The purple wave takes his face off as well. It flies away. Several faces gather around a silhouette of the Dark Lord.)

Guardian-An unspeakably evil fiend was summoned by a powerful wizard and her two disciples. Bearing the face of the Maven Mage's firstborn son, it started stealing other people's faces. Then, to add insult to injury...

(The faces fly onto silhouettes of monsters as the music builds.)

Guardian-The fiend gave the faces to monsters!

(Shot of a silhouette of the Dark Lord.)

Guardian-There is only one Mii who can defeat him...

(The camera goes through the Dark Lord's mouth into Easin Hills. DAPH-NII [pronounced "Daphne"] is walking alone.)

Guardian-The secondborn.

(The narrating mic is passed to DAPH-NII. She stops to admire a group of butterflies.)

Daph-Nii-(voice only) The name's Daph-Nii. I just turned eighteen. I'm just a simple traveler. For the past six months, I've been wandering alone wherever the path takes me.

(She yawns and puts her hands behind her head.)

Daph-Nii-What a peaceful day.

(She sits down with her back leaned against a rock. She reaches into her satchel and takes out two pictures. One is a picture of her family: her father, DAVID; her stepmother, SIS-SII [pronounced "Sissy", from Code Lyoko]; and her half-sisters, ASH-LII [pronounced "Ashley"] and ELLA. The other is a picture of her with her best friend, MOJO.)