Episode Two: Get A Room!

(Start in Easin Hills. DAPH-NII is sneaking around. The GUARDIAN starts speaking from his pendant. DAPH-NII looks down at it.)

Guardian-You know, Daph-Nii, you don't need to walk everywhere like that. It must be terrible for your posture.

Daph-Nii-Well, no, but I'm a thief. I want to have fun with it. I mean, I've never been this fast, this agile...

(She somersaults behind a rock.)

Daph-Nii-Or been able to climb so well.

(She climbs up the rock.)

Daph-Nii-The best part, though...

(She puts her hands on her hips.)

Daph-Nii-Is that I can keep everything on my person. No more worrying about forgetting that satchel!

(She sighs.)

Daph-Nii-Although I do kinda miss that satchel. Hey, do you think I could do a backflip off of this rock and land on my feet?

Guardian-I suggest you don't try that and break your neck.

Daph-Nii-You suggest I break my neck?

Guardian-Perhaps I worded that incorrectly.

(DAPH-NII backflips of the rock.)

Daph-Nii-Whee!

(She lands on her feet.)

Daph-Nii-And stick the landing! See, Guardian? I told you I could do it!

Guardian-This is going to be a long journey.

(Opening theme. DAPH-NII is walking normally.)

Daph-Nii-I've been walking all day, and we haven't even seen one monster.

Guardian-Relax, Daph-Nii. It's only been half an hour. That's not exactly all day.

(A rock moth appears in front of DAPH-NII.)

Daph-Nii-Oh, crapshoot.

Guardian-There's your one monster. Time to act!

Daph-Nii-I'm on it.

(She brandishes her dagger and throws it. The rock moth attacks back. DAPH-NII attacks again. The rock moth falls to the ground.)

Daph-Nii-Easy! Those eyes, though. They're kinda creepy.

(Its face flies away.)

Guardian-Ho ho! Those faces just fly right off those defeated monsters, eh? Whoever owned that face has you to thank for freeing it. Just like with that sassy youngster you helped earlier! Put another way, defeating monsters help people get their faces back. So keep defeating monsters, and help as many people as you can. Can you do that for me, Daph-Nii? Ho ho!

Daph-Nii-Will do!

(She puts her dagger away and gets back to walking hunched over.)

Guardian-That's still terrible for your back.

Daph-Nii-C'mon. I'll be just fine. Back at home, I'd always be hunched over my DS or my phone or my computer or my homework or my schoolwork.

(All of a sudden, two rock moths fly in out of nowhere and begin circling around DAPH-NII.)

Daph-Nii-Erm...

(She falls over onto her booty.)

Daph-Nii-I can't fight these things.

(She turns her head as if she's having a conversation with herself.)

Daph-Nii-Shut up, Daph-Nii. They're just as easy as the other guy.