[seventeen]

The sun in my eyes wakes me up to an empty bed and a very bad hangover. I sit up confused, looking for Grayson. He comes out of the bathroom with a towel around his waist.

"Morning" he mumbles grabbing clothes from his suit case to get changed into. I don't know what to say, this is definitely going to be an awkward morning.

"Can we just talk about it now and get it over and done with?" I blurt. I hate awkwardness.

"Talk about what?" he asks.

"Are you really going to act like we just didn't have sex last night?" I scoff, "and will we also ignore the fact that you admitted you had feelings for me?"

"No" he sighs, "of course we're going to talk about it but we're going to miss our flight home if we don't leave soon" he tells me.

"Oh shit I didn't notice the time" I panic realising I slept in, "give me 20 minutes and I'll be ready" I assure him running into the bathroom to have a shower and get changed.

Once I'm out of the shower I get changed into some tracksuit bottoms before realising I have no clean comfy tops left.

"Could I borrow a hoodie or something please?" I ask Grayson coming out of the bathroom in the tracksuit bottoms and a bra. I start feeling really insecure as Grayson stares at my body before telling me to grab one out of his suitcase.

- back in LA

The drive to the airport, the 3 and a half hour flight home and the drive to my house from the airport have all been spent in silence.

"See you soon" I mutter before going to get out of the car once we get to my house but he stops me.

"Can we talk about last night?" he asks and I nod waiting for him to continue, "I meant what I said, I do have feelings for you" he confesses.

"That's a relief" I smile but he looks away, "what is it?" I ask confused.

"I've never felt this way about someone before, you're on my mind 24/7 and it's driving me fucking crazy" he laughs, "with other girls it's always been a pretty face and figure but with you it's different"

"Thanks" I scoff pulling my hand away from his.

"That's not what I meant" he sighs, "you're insanely beautiful but you're more than that, you're smart, kind, caring and I love you're sense of humour I literally can't explain how perfect you are"

"I've never heard anyone describe me like that before" I admit hoping he doesn't notice me blushing.

"It's true, there's nothing I don't like about you" he continues to compliment me, "but like I already said I've never felt this way before and I don't know how to act"

"You make things work as you go" I try to assure him.

"No Chloe you don't understand" he shakes his head, "I was a mess before I met you, I know it's only been a month but you've made my life that little bit better, before you I was an ass, I just wanted to party and drink all the time and I fucked with girls feelings-"

"But you said it's different with me" I stop him to remind him.

"It is, but you're so good. I literally can't imagine you harming a fly, you're so pure with not a bad bone in you're body" he states, "but I'm not like that, I can be a dick and I can hurt peoples feelings" he admits ashamed.

"Would you believe me if I told you I thought the exact same way about you?" I ask and he looks at me surprised, "I honestly believe you are one of the most genuine people I've ever met, I've never known anyone with a kinder heart than yours, we all have our bad traits" I reassure him.

"I'll hurt you Chloe, that's what I do, I hurt people" he mutters.

"I trust you Grayson, I don't think you'll hurt me and I'm willing to give us a chance if you are" I tell him but he won't look at me "what are you trying to say?" I ask him already knowing his answer.

"I've never been in a committed relationship before and I'm afraid I'll hurt you and lose you for good" he says letting go of my hands, "I think we should stay friends for now and forget about what happened in New York"

That hurt.

"Sounds good" I gulp getting out of the car, "I'll get my bags another day" my voice cracks as I close the car door and run inside. I don't want him to see me cry.

I get into my apartment and slam the door behind me before falling to the floor sobbing in my hands. He probably just said all that shit about never feeling this way before because he felt bad, he probably says it to all his one night stands.

I knew it was too good to be true when he admitted he had feelings for me but I still had sex with him and now he probably thinks I'm easy, like all the other girls he fucks.

After a few minutes of me sitting on the floor there's a knock on the door but I ignore it.

"Chloe" Grayson sighs knocking on the door again, "open the door to me"

I get up off the floor and wipe my tears away before opening the door. He's surprised when he notices I've been crying.

"I'm sorry" he apologises wiping a tear away from my cheek, "I didn't mean to make you cry" he mumbles cuffing my face in his hands.

"What are you doing?" I sniffle before he takes me by surprise kissing me. I react quickly and kiss him back wrapping my arms around him.

"My mom warned me I'd be making a huge mistake if I lost a girl like you and she's right" he pulls away to tell me, "I promise I'll never do anything to hurt you intentionally, are you still willing to give us a chance?" he asks.

"Of course I am" I laugh through my tears.

"You are?" he smirks.

"I am" I smile as he kisses me again while making his way into my apartment, kicking the door closed behind him.