[fourty one]

- 2 years later

"Chloe what's going on?" Madison laughs coming into my room, "it looks like your closet exploded" she says referring to my clothes scattered all over the floor.

"I don't know what to wear" I admit, "this is the second funeral I've been to, and for the first one Grayson picked my outfit" I explain.

"Just something black" she shrugs.

"Everything I try on is too dressy or not formal enough for a funeral" I sigh, "I just won't go" I mutter sitting on my bed.

"I don't think this is about your outfit" Madison admits sitting beside me.

"Of course it is, what else would it be about?" I ask before it clicks in my head, "no! I know what you're thinking and it's not, I already told you, I don't care" I tell her while searching my closet again for a new outfit.

"Are you sure?" she smirks, "you got very defensive"

"Madison for the last time, I don't care that Grayson has a girlfriend and I don't care if she's there with him today" I scoff, "we haven't seen each other in 2 years, he has a girlfriend, I have a boyfriend. We're both obviously happy"

"I wasn't talking about you and Grayson" she adds when I've finished my rant, "I was talking about you being worried about what his fans were going to say"

"Now that you mention it, I am" I mumble.

When Amanda cancelled the contract, Grayson and I had no reason to see each other anymore and so we fell out of touch. We announced that we were broken up and fans weren't really fussed about it, that was until Grayson went on a downward spiral.

I wanted to reach out to him so many times but I never did, and honestly I regret it.

He was acting in a really big movie at the time but because he showed up to work drunk on multiple occasions, he was fired. From there everything else just got worse, he was arrested a few times for assault and drunk driving. Roxy had to fire him and he also quit YouTube.

Ethan warmed Grayson to get his act together but it didn't work. Madison said they haven't spoken to each other in over a year.

Their fans blame me for all of this, they said I ruined Grayson's life. Grayson hasn't defended me once. I was bullied all over social media, if a fan seen me in public they'd throw something at me and I was even booed by a gang of fans at one of my fashion shows.

Not all of his fans are like this, some of them are really supportive. The hate has died down since last year but I'm still paranoid going out in public. I can't afford to make a mistake, because everything will blow up in my face again.

Madison was very supportive through it all. I was staying at her place when it all started, the whole thing brought us closer together. I don't know what I would have done without her. We moved in together last year, to a bigger apartment that we both own.

She's still good friends with Grayson and tried to be there for him as much as she could but he pushed everyone away, at least until a few months ago before he met his new girlfriend.

Her name is Ellie. I don't know much about her but from what I've read on Twitter, she's tall, blonde and everything I'm not. I'm not sure if she'll be at the funeral, I think they've only been together for a couple of months but Grayson seems happy.

I've moved on too, kind of. His name is Jack, he's a model. We met a few weeks ago at a Gucci show, and after it we went on a few dates. We just started dating. He's the first guy I've been with since Grayson.