Chapter 7

"We didn't do it last night," Levy said as she slumped into the seat next to Lucy. The two had teamed up for a simple mission in the town next to them. When Happy and Lily found out where they were going they want to go too. It was really simple, a babysitting job for some kids in an orphanage. Apparently the people in charge were going to the town mayor to apply for more money for the home.

"It's ok girl, Natsu and I haven't even been on a real date yet. So don't worry about it," Lucy tried to reassure her friend. "Did you wear that sexy nightgown you got at the bridal store?"

"I did and he was scared about what would happen if we... you know..." Levy couldn't bring herself to say the words.

"Had sex?" Lucy finished for her. Levy turned red at her friend's statement.

"Yeah that, so I did everything that we talked about and he was clearly into it, if you know what I mean. I just wish we were getting married sooner," Levy complained.

"Remember what I told you about that Dragon Slayer mating ritual, it's a major deal for them. It's a once in a lifetime thing something that they cannot undo regardless of what happens," Lucy warned her. Levy sighed she really wished that people would stop telling her that. She knew what it meant to Dragon Slayers or at least she thought she knew what it meant.

"You likeeeeeeee him," Happy said in his giggling voice that he always used.

Levy shot the cat and evil stare. Happy stopped giggling.

"You know Levy, Gajeel talked to me about you the other day," Lily replied in a matter of fact statement as he sipped a cup of tea.

Levy and Lucy both grabbed the cat demanding answer immediately making the hot drink spill in the carriage. Happy flew under the seat away from them while Lily was shaking in fear. These two were some of the only ones that could scare the cats. Not even Erza scared them as much.

"Well... um he just said that he was worried about what would happen to you after the ritual. He is scared he is going to hurt you... again..." his voice trailed off. Everyone knew exactly what he was talking about. Lily started to mutter something about how Gajeel had a plan for everything and he wanted it to be special for her.

Lucy released Lily as Levy pulled the cat closer to her to hug as she held back tears. No one knew them like Lily did. Even though he came late into their relationship she still trusted him with basically everything. Happy crawled out from under the seat.

"Don't expect me to cuddle you big boobs, I don't want to die today," Happy told Lucy but it was no use. She grabbed him and held him tight, Happy only resisted her for a few seconds. He secretly liked being cuddled. The girls always gave the best cuddles. Lily always thought it was because they loved Dragon Slayers who were hard and powerful so their gentleness would help even out their relationship.

The rest of their journey was uneventful, just the way they like it.

Upon their arrival at the orphanage they were greeted by over 20 kids of all ages. The youngest was being carried by what looked like the oldest who were about 16. The workers emerged from the group to shoo the kids away making them go back into the house.

"Thank you so much for taking the job, I know it's not as glamorous as your other Fairy Tail missions but we really appreciate it," said an older man in his late 70s. He was hunched over leaning on a cain. It was clear that he had done hard labor in his younger time.

"Not a problem sir, we love kids!" Levy told the man. Lucy started to fiddle with her keys in anticipation. She had a feeling that this was going to be a tougher mission than they had planned for.