Chapter 3 My Fault

Warning, this chapter may contain uncomfortable and disturbing scenes.

————

It was a peaceful evening. The sun was setting.

No one knew what was going to happen; no one could stop that.

A strange spaceship was flying over the city, hidden from the view.

A young blond boy was walking inside with his pet Carnotaurus. They noticed smoke filling the corridor. Both Rex and Ace hurried to the source of it. They stopped immediately at that room. His parents were inside. Rex ran inside.

He saw two figures behind the fire.

"Mom! Dad!" he shouted. He was about to head to them, but somebody appeared in his way; a boy a bit older, he had black hair, dark eyes, and a black coat.

"Where do you think you're going?" he asked.

Rex stopped. "Get out of my way."

"Don't be rude. Haven't your parents both biological or adoptive taught you to be polite? They call me Drack."

"I don't care about your name!" Rex snapped.

"Maybe you should. It would be good for you to know the one who you're going to be vengeful towards."

"What...?"

The boy Drack looked at the two figures with a smirk on his face.

Rex's eyes widened. "Don't you dare..."

"I will."

Drack was about to kick Rex, but Ace suddenly ran between them, getting hit.

"Ace!" The Carnotaurus flew away, then hitting the hard floor.

"Stupid Carnotaurus..."

"You!" Rex watched his dinosaur, gritting his teeth.

"And now you," he heard. As soon as he turned back at the black-haired, he punched the blonde. Rex fell to the floor, unconscious.

Drack evilly grinned and got to work.

Rex was lying there, his head hurt. The fire around was still spreading. He heard screams and cries. He wanted to get up, open his eyes and stop that guy, but all of his strength was suddenly gone. All the smoke made him dizzy.

Then when the screams stopped, two other voices started talking to Drack. Rex couldn't recognize what they were saying. He tried to get up again, unsuccessfully.

Suddenly, he heard a soft, weak voice.

"Wake up... Please, wake up."

He opened his eyes slightly to see a pale slim dark-haired girl. Her big red eyes stared worriedly at him. He noticed a scar over her right eye.

"You must get up...They need you..."

"Give it up, little worm," Drack told the girl while dodging an attack from a male android, "there's nothing he can do to stop us."

Girl's eyes filled with tears.

Rex watched the scene of his butler and the boy fighting. The fire took all of his energy.

Drack stopped avoiding the hits, standing still in front of the android. As the robot was about to hit him, the boy disappeared in smoke. The android looked around, looking for him.

Rex was confused too. Then the boy reappeared behind the android.

"...wa......tch...watch.........out..." the blonde murmured, but he couldn't hear him.