Chapter 18 Love Triangle

It was a quiet day in the D-lab until the door opened and a singing voice sounded through the main room. Kyra and Jessica the Corythosaurus entered the room. "I'm back! Nice and well."

Everyone in the room turned to the door.

Kyra immediately rushed to Reese, hugging her. "Ree!"

"Hi, Kyra," Reese said, unfazed by her friend's embrace.

"I'm glad to be back."

"Kyra, how are you?" Zoe asked.

"Amazing!" Kyra smiled brightly. "You're happy I'm here, right, Ree?" She nuzzled Reese, making the scientist uncomfortable.

Zoe only chuckled.

Sue was standing behind her, watching the scene. "The hell...?"

Kyra was about to kiss Reese on the cheek. The blonde cringed and quickly stood up; Kyra didn't let go off her.

"Alright, this is enough," Reese said, pushing Kyra slightly back to the door. They left the room.

Zoe gasped. "Did you see that?"

"Yeah...?"

"Reese and Kyra! They're a couple!"

"Wait, what...? Did we witness the same scene right now?"

"Kyra tried to kiss her! She's got a crush on Reese!"

"And you realized just now? It's so obvious that Kyra's a bi."

"You knew that?"

"Hell yeah. But I think you're overdramatizing it."

Zoe ignored her comment, fangirling over the situation. "Oh, maybe that's why Reese has never had a boyfriend."

"Girl, Reese isn't attracted to girls in any way."

"How do you know?"

"I know her and I have something called gaydar; people like me have that."

"People like you?" Zoe wondered.

Sue blushed and turned away. "Forget about it!"

"You mean..." Zoe bit her lip, a little scared to tell her what she knows. "You mean homosexuals?"

Sue jumped, gasping. "The hell? You figured out that about me, but not about Kyra. How...?"

"Because I heard what you said to Meena about me," Zoe explained.

Sue slowly turned to her, blushing. "This wasn't really how I planned to tell you..."

"I didn't mean to listen, but I was worried and your communicator was broken, so you couldn't hear me-"

"But you could hear us. Look, girl, everything I've said was hell true." Sue took her best friend's hand gently. "I care about you, that's why I didn't tell you. I know you aren't interested in me that way... I want you to be happy and I know that'd only be with a guy."

The taller girl approached her and cupped her cheeks. "Who knows, maybe you don't know me that well."

Sue pouted. "What the hell, girl? I was just about to give a long speech about my romantic sacrifice for you. Now you're just telling me that you don't like guys?"

"I'm not saying that."

"Well, it'd explain why you've never got together with Max or Rex." Zoe blushed. Sue took her hands. "I might have misunderstood, but if there's a girl you have feelings for, I doubt it's me. I don't want to force you into loving me or something like that...Let's just leave it to you knowing this and move on."