Chapter 7 A New Team

The next day, it was still raining. The Drakes were about to head to the hospital when once again the doorbell rang. Reese went to open the door and Kyra's bright smile greeted her despite her being soaked with water.

"Kyra? Shouldn't you be at school by now?" Reese asked her.

"And shouldn't you be at work?"

"You've got a point there," she admitted. But Kyra was right; she was supposed to be at the D-lab right now but didn't care. Zoe was more important than anything, not just at the moment.

"Are you feeling better?" Kyra wondered.

"A little... Is that everything you wanted?"

"Yeah, actually. I just wanted to see you." She took the scientist's hands. Reese blushed and stepped back. "Go to school, Kyra."

The teen frowned sadly.

"Please."

"O-okay... Bye for now."

Kyra walked away.

Soon the family was in the hospital, entering Zoe's room.

The pink-haired was awake, smiling at them. Her hair was unusually down and the ends were burned, almost black.

"...h-hi..."

"Hi, Zoe. How are you?" Rosie asked her, kissing her forehead.

"...fine... I'm feeling better..."

Mike noticed some flowers in a vase on a side table. "Someone's visited you?"

Zoe nodded. "Sue and Amy were here early in the morning... I had to lie to Amy about what happened..."

"You look surprisingly great after what you've been through," Reese admitted.

Zoe turned to her. "You saw it...?" Reese unsurely nodded. "Through your communicator..." She looked at the green device in her hand and gave it to her little sister with Paris' card. Zoe summoned the little Parasaurolophus.

Paris glared scaredly at Zoe, turning away, tears filling her eyes. "Paris......It wasn't your fault..." Zoe stroked her head. Paris purred, looking at Zoe apologetically. "I forgive you."

————

In the South School, Andy, Kenji, and Sabi tried their best to focus on the lessons, but they were lost in their own thoughts.

Kenji was rewatching the whole battle he recorded yesterday.

Andy was writing Sabina's name all over his desk again. She was the only thing on his mind. Who knows, maybe that kiss made her realize how he actually feels about her?

But he was wrong, Sabi kept thinking more about that black-haired girl that saved her life. Who is she? Why did she risk her life like that?

————

The thoughts of yesterday events kept worrying people even on the other side of the city.

Sue and Amy weren't too worried, knowing that Zoe's fine. But Max was different. The whole day he was just sitting there, looking out of the window, trying not to cry. Ema was surprised to see him there.

Niki wanted to talk to him about the battle with Sabi, but he wasn't responding.

————

Their upperclassman, Cole, seemed a little depressed as well. His whole family reacted to the incident as it was a tragedy; he took it more lightly not to make his classmates ask.

Suddenly, somebody knocked on the door and opened. It was Kyra. "Good morning. I-I'm very sorry that I'm late...I......" the girl stopped her speech. Cole figured she's making up a lie. "I was helping in the nurse's office."