Chapter 24 Time Defender

Warning, this chapter contains uncomfortable and disturbing scenes.

————

Sue, Amy, and their dinosaurs were searching for the cosmos stone and the jammer on the board of the Backland.

"Wow, this place is huge," Amy awed.

"Yeah, but that's the problem..." Sue sighed. "I'm pretty sure we've passed this door before." She looked around, pointing at the only door in the corridor.

"How can you tell? Everything seems the same to me..."

"A gut feeling."

"Good... Maybe we can try the door?" Amy suggested.

"Great idea!" Sue grabbed the doorknob, but couldn't move the door an inch. "Damn it!"

"Maybe we need a password?"

"Wait! I remember that Zoe mentioned something once. We gotta give it a try." Sue turned to the door with a serious expression. "Open, Sesame!"

"Um, really...?" Amy stared at her in irritation. But then the door started to open. "......wow..."

Annie and Hana walked into the room.

"Hell yes!"

"Do you think that Dr. Cretacia came up with that?"

"Oh, definitely!"

Suddenly, they heard a deep hum approaching them.

Sue took Amy's hand and pulled her in the room, the door closing behind them.

They heard the humming getting close alongside slow footsteps; they stopped. "I know you're here. You can't hide from me." Zepar then continued walking.

The girls sighed in relief and observed the room they were in; it was a cockpit. The whole city could be seen from there. They walked to some control panels and typed something in, making camera recordings and a map of the place appear.

"Here's that jammer!" Sue pointed at one screen.

"And here's the stone!" Amy noticed, looking at another screen.

"According to the map, they aren't that far. Let's go!"

They peeked from the room, making sure that the coast is clear. They headed to the elevator and got in the engine room to turn the jammer off. After that, they went to grab the cosmos stone.

Amy took the capsule with the stone. As soon as she did, a woman formed in the room.

"Zepar...?"

"Aren't you a little young to be a superhero?" the woman asked.

"Aren't you a little old to be alive?" Sue asked back, stepping in front of Amy, "look, old lady, I'd fight you, but even I respect old people."

Zepar chuckled. "Old lady? Tch... Is that all you can say?"

"Stay the hell away from Amy!" Sue growled.

Zepar's eyes glanced at the girl behind her. "She means nothing to me; she's useless. I need you, your stone plate."

"Never."

"We'll do it the hard way, I see."

"Amy, run," Sue told her friend.

"I won't leave you!"

"Now's not the time for a heartwarming speech. Get out of here!"

Amy took her hand. "I'm staying with you."