Chapter 21 And This Is How It Was...

Warning, this chapter contains uncomfortable and disturbing scenes.

————

The year 1910...

This year is widely known across Sanjo due to its impact on the city's history. Back then, the city or a town at that time was called Greyholt, founded by Sikers Grey.

This name should sound familiar to you. And if not, just sit back and listen.

Sikers Grey, the founder and the mayor of Greyholt, was a pretty normal man at a first glance; he loved his wife, Ronwe, he loved his daughter, Harc; the only strange thing anyone could pinpoint at the first sight about the blond man was his missing left arm.

However, he and his family were known for owning an incredible power of gods. 14 magical crystal...Each one with a different attribute.

He got them from his wife, a very mysterious woman. Nobody knew about her origins; she appeared out of nowhere. Some said that Ronwe was cursed and gods rejected her, that's why she apparently cannot touch the crystals.

Going back to the year 1910, Harc, a 22-year-old girl, spent most of her time outside with her boyfriend and his sister.

Those two came in the town 8 years ago, claiming to be travelers. They seemed strange like they weren't from her time. The two strangers were only children without a place to go. Harc offered them help, so they stayed with her and her family. The older sibling and Harc fell in love as they grew up. He adored her raven hair and British racing green eyes she had after her father.

His sister was 6 years younger than them, she was with them nearly all the time. Harc and her boyfriend were really in love. They even considered getting married for a year now.

That day, all three of them were about to leave to have fun in the town. Harc's mother, Ronwe, greeted them. She had curly raven black hair Harc inherited. She's just a normal adult woman or that's at least what she seems to be until you look into her eyes.

Her irises were red like demon's, which also added to the rumors I mentioned earlier.

She was cooking when they left, not realizing what is about to happen.

Meanwhile, Sikers was showing off the power of the fire crystal not that far away from his own house. His ego grew as people applauded him, but that quickly changed.

The place filled with screams of terror; it wasn't the first time he made a show with the magical crystals, however, this time he went over the edge. He couldn't control the power of gods that was given to him. Even one crystal would be too much to handle for a simple and especially greedy and egoistic human.

The fire spread immediately to the house where Ronwe was. Sikers tried everything he could to prevent any harm from happening to her, but it didn't work.

Harc wasn't far away; she heard her mother screaming in pain. She wanted to rush inside, but her boyfriend stopped her, wrapping his arms around her. He knew running into the fire now would only result in her death as well.

Ronwe had no chance of surviving...

Alongside the house, even several other houses were burnt.

Sikers was desperate. Despite the almost unlimited power of the crystals, they couldn't bring her back. He decided to find a sorcerer, a woman that is supposedly experienced with dark magic, a woman his wife warned him about, a woman she knew very well.

Some called her a witch, some called her a she-devil, but she referred to herself as Zepar the queen of darkness.

Everything went well for Sikers at first, however, then she asked him for something he wasn't expecting. She wanted the crystals. Such a power that gave him so much fame and glory would be now taken away from him.