Chapter 19 Turn of Fate

Warning, this chapter contains uncomfortable and disturbing scenes.

————

It was a nice, warm evening. Zoe, Paris, Sue, and Annie were heading to Zoe's house at dinner.

"I told you not to get involved in other people's romances!" Sue grinned, referring to her friend's attempt to help Reese get a girlfriend. 

"I know..." Zoe murmured. Her sister was pretty mad at her because of her love life, again. "Can't we talk about something else?"

"Alright, girl. Truth or dare?" Sue asked, her arms folded behind her head.

"Again?"

"You wanted to talk about something else, matchmaker."

Zoe pouted at that name. "Okay? Dare."

"I dare you to go to a nice dinner with me as a payback for the ones I have at your house."

"As a date?"

Sue blushed. "No...I'll invite Reese and your parents too!"

"I thought you don't have any money," Zoe reminded her.

"You've got a point there..." Sue realized and lowered her head, "I have a way of talking to Wada's cooks to do that for me."

"Threatening isn't exactly a way of talking."

Sue chuckled. "The hell it is!"

"Alright, my turn. Truth or dare?"

"Truth."

"What is that important stuff you need to do so often? You've never told me anything about it."

Sue stopped. "You know...since I've talked to Meena, I've been trying to apologize to Amy."

"To Amy?"

"Yeah... I've been horrible to her. Especially when you weren't around, she got the worst of me, just like Meena. And honestly, you aren't better to her either."

"What are you talking about?"

"You ditched her because of Rex and you haven't seen her since then."

"Yeah, but I only thought that she's on a vacation or something," Zoe tried to explain, "nobody was answering the door."

"But I've seen a movement there. I think we drove her to the edge... I think I did that but no matter how many times I try, she doesn't even answer the door."

"Sue..." Zoe was surprised. "You've really changed." She smiled.

"Thank Meena for that." Sue grinned back.

That sweet moment between friends was interrupted by a dinosaur that appeared right behind them. They turned around.

"A Euoplocephalus?!" Sue gasped.

"Could that be..." Zoe recognized it immediately. The question was if it really is the same Euoplocephalus. "Hana?"

Sue and Paris glanced at her. "You mean that Euoplocephalus? Hell no!" Sue heard about that dino and hoped that it is just a coincidence.

Zoe backed away. "No..." Her eyes widened, looking behind the dinosaur. Sue glanced there as well and her body froze, her face morphing into a horrified and regretful expression.

Behind the Euoplocephalus was standing a girl with short dark hair, amber eyes, her dark red and black coat covering more the right side of her body, a metal hexagon pinned to it, a choker around her throat and a mole on the left side of her lips.