Chapter 17 Sweet Vacation

After a few weeks, the D-team did much better with the crystals.

During that time Rex managed to find the rest of the healing potion from Mary and used it to heal Max's broken arm. It still hurt a little, but it was better. Reese made the four promised communicators for the Sakura Group. Aki helped Cole to learn to use the sound crystal. Sabi introduced Niki to all the events and gave her the purple crystal she got from Cruz when she fought him for the first time. Sue was still trying to talk to Amy with the same results.

The three weeks weren't easy for the trio; Max and Zoe still had problems with controlling their crystals, but they did better and better.

The three owners and four guardians entered the D-lab after another training. They were talking about their vacation in Canada, which was getting very close. They planned it mostly because Dr. Owen was asked to visit an excavation site. His absence from North America was getting long, but he used that chance to invite the D-team and the Traveling Forces with him. Max, Cole, Spike, Aki, Rex, Alice, Justin, Kyra, Reese, Zoe, Sue, and their partners were excited to go alongside with him.

"I can't believe you guys are going on a vacation while we do your work," Sora complained.

"I am not happy about leaving privileges to you either, but somebody must have access here for the Sakura Group to be able to teleport in case of need," Reese told him, "and since you'll be without a job while we'll be gone-"

"Yeah, I get it. At least I'm your first choice to trust!" Sora grinned.

"Of course," Reese replied, "after everyone who leaves and everyone I don't know enough yet to trust."

He screeched with clear betrayal stabbing him, placing his hand on his chest as she walked past him. "Ouch... Harsh..."

They all entered the main room where Cole, Alice, Justin, and Sue were with their dinos.

Cole was standing in the middle of the room, laughing, wearing Justin's glasses. "So, do I look smart now?"

"Maybe," Alice admitted.

"Oh, hell no!" Sue snapped, grinning, "you still look like an idiot."

"Hey! I'm still a hot idiot!" Cole objected.

"Oh, please."

"Laugh all you want, Ice Queen, but I'm the one who gets almost every girl wrapped around my finger."

"Tch. I can have much more girls than you if I wanted." Sue smirked, resting her head on her hand, leaning on the desk.

"Cole, could you please give me back my glasses?" Justin demanded.

"Nope! I look great in them!" Cole laughed.

Alice and Sue walked over to him and hit him in the back, unlike Sue who used her hand, Alice smashed him with a book she usually draws in.

"Ugh-!"

"Some things will never change," Max laughed. They all finally acknowledged that others were in the room as well.

"You're right, Kid! I'll always be attractive."

Sue sighed in irritation. "That'll be a hell long vacation..."

"It'll be the best one!" Cole exclaimed.

"You bet," Sue responded, "I already have everything packed."

"Already?" Zoe wondered, "it's in two days."

"Hell yeah! I have nothing to do the whole day and you'll need me the evening before we take off to help you pack your stuff as always," her best friend reminded her. Zoe pouted at her. "Maybe..."