Chapter 25 Final Decision

Everything was back to normal. They all were on the roof of the Backland, celebrating their victory when they heard several cars approaching.

Andy looked down to see them, a group of black cars. "Guys! There's a delegation here!"

"What the heck do you mean?" Nicolas asked him, glancing as well.

"Yeah, who'd go here after such a fight?" Kenji joined them.

"...Shuryo..." Sora realized, "we're doomed..."

"Shuryo?" Niki gasped, knowing that name.

"Who is Shuryo?" Kyra wondered.

"The head of government's department of abnormal activities," Reese answered, "Sora is right; we're in trouble."

"Chomp and the others are exhausted, but they might be able to scare these guys off," Max suggested.

"No," his father told him, "don't call out your dinosaurs no matter what."

Then a male voice was carried to them through a megaphone. "I demand every single citizen to leave this ship and meet with us on the ground."

Sora gulped. "It is him..."

"So, we'll go? Or..." Sue crossed her arms.

"We'll go." Reese nodded.

"What the hell?!"

"There is no point in resistance," Amy said.

"We don't have a reason not to go," Zoe agreed.

They all teleported under the Backland, facing Shuryo and his men.

Niki hid behind Nicolas right away.

"So, you have nothing to do with this?" Shuryo asked, his hands folded behind his back, "Dr. Spike Taylor, Dr. Reese Drake, did you seriously think I wouldn't find out?"

Reese was about to react to that, but Shuryo raised his hand. "Don't. I won't be fooled by your lies this time."

"Boss, we can easily explain," Sora said.

"You'll have enough time to explain," Shuryo told him, "Taiho, arrest these three." He ordered one of his men.

"Even Shinori?" Taiho, a black-haired man with tanned skin, looked at his boss. Shuryo nodded. "Especially him." "...yes, sir."

"What?!"

Taiho and other men obeyed, arresting Spike, Reese, and Sora. She was the only one not struggling.

"Hey! Leave them alone!" The rest didn't want to let them just do that.

Max and Cole pulled out their cards; Aki kept them from summoning their dinosaurs, remembering what Spike told them.

"You three take all responsibility for any events that happen on this machine and note that today will not come unnoticed."

Knowing that the three are in trouble, Trias did the only thing he could at the moment. "They aren't responsible for anything."

"Oh, really? So, you are more informed than I am? How so?" Shuryo wondered.

Cretacia managed to see through her husband's words and she joined him. "We've built that machine and own it."

"I see." Shuryo nodded. "If that is the case... Taiho, you know what to do."

Taiho locked handcuffs around the Ancients' wrists.

"You have no right to do this!" Sabi objected, "none of your people are part of police forces."

Shuryo frowned, raising his eyebrow. "Excuse me?"