Chapter 5 Meeting the Akuno

Next morning, Ema Wada, a girl with long wavy dark brown hair woke up, sitting up on the bed. She picked up her glasses from her nightstand and put them on. Then felt how something nuzzled her. She looked down at Ellen the Ampelosaurus.

As the mayor's firstborn got dressed, her cousin and brother woke up. An alarm clock started up in the next room.

Ema turned to Ellen. "Stay here for a moment," she told her. The dino only blinked. Ema went to cousin's room.

"Get up, Susan!"

"No!" Sue groaned into the pillow. Her cousin rolled her eyes and returned into her room.

"Now, what do we do with you?" she asked Ellen, "I can't leave you here. My father can't know about you. I can't take you to school either."

The Ampelosaurus was exploring the room, looking into Ema's bag.

"Or can I...?"

Ema looked at the bag.

————

On the other side of the city, Sabina Kon was on her way to school, still thinking. She hasn't found answers to her questions yet.

"I'd give anything to know more," she murmured to herself.

Suddenly a ginger girl appeared right in front of her from thin air. She had a tight purple costume and a pink cape. Sabi stopped immediately.

"You're desperate for answers, huh?" she asked her.

Sabi nodded. "Who are you?"

The ginger smirked, throwing her hair to the other side. "I'm amazing Mary! And I have answers to your questions."

"How do you know what I want to know?" Sabi wondered.

Mary showed her a card with a fire symbol on it. "Because I'm like you."

"Fine, I trust you."

"And are you seriously willing to give anything to get answers?"

Sabi nodded again.

Mary reached her hand to her. "Give me your hand."

Sabi hesitated, looking into her blue eyes. Then she noticed a pink symbol on the belly of her clothes, two half-moons connected.

She took her hand. Mary's smirk widened; Sabi was getting weaker. Everything in front of Sabi's eyes turned black, and Mary disappeared, laughing.

————

Later, a limo arrived at the school and Ema and her little brother, Otto, got out and headed inside the building. Ema walked upstairs to her classroom. Her bag started to move and roar.

"Shh... Ellen, calm down..." Ema whispered and opened her bag. The Ampelosaurus looked at her innocently.

"Please, try to be quiet; you'll get me into trouble." Ema closed the bag and went into the classroom.

A while later, Zoe, Amy, and Sue arrived at school as well. Once they were in the classroom, Sue patted on Zoe's shoulder.

"Can we talk alone, girl?" she asked; Zoe nodded. They walked in a corner. Amy glanced sadly away.

"Is something wrong?" Zoe wondered.

"When I came back home I found these lying on the table," Sue said and showed her a stone plate and cards with a symbol of fire.

"A Daspletosaurus..." Zoe murmured as she looked at one of the cards.

"How the hell could it get there?"