1

Lisa POV

" Mommy, look, I made you a drawing." 

"I know baby, wait, I just need to take this call okay?" I told him. 

The phone was ringing for a long time now. I took it rapidly before it went to the voicemail. 

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hello, is this Ms. Lalisa Manoban?" a man asked.

"Yes, it's me. Who are you?" I knew it wasn't just someone calling for publicity. I just felt it, he was calling to tell me bad news. 

" I am officer Hwang. I am sorry, but your wife got into a car accident. We took her to Seoul hospital."

 I couldn't talk. My wife? Chaeyoung? It couldn't be true... we talked a couple of minutes ago. It can't be her.

 " Ms.Manoban?" I took a shaky breath before talking.

" T-Thank you..." I said simply. 

I couldn't think straight at that moment. My mind was just like What the actual fuck? 

" Mommy! Look at it." screamed Kayden. 

I blinked a couple of times and finally moved. I ran to the closet of the entrance and took my jacket and Kayden's. I ran to him and gave him his jacket. I took him in my arms and ran to the car while my tears ran down my cheeks. My son didn't talk at all and got into his car seat. I drove crazily to the hospital and searched for my wife's room. Kayden was staying behind me without saying a word. My dear little boy. I asked for Chaeyoung at the administration and they told me the unit to search to. Once I got there, a doctor approached me with his shitty face. You know, the shitty face who tells you right away that it didn't end well. 

" I am sincerely sorry Ms. Manoban. We tried hard, we really tried and your wife tried too, but she had lost too much blood. She didn't make it... Sorry. You can take your time. There is an area right there where you can sit and eat a little something." he really tried to be nice, I could tell.

" I don't want to eat! I want to see my wife!" I yelled at him furiously.

" I know. But you can't. She is still on the operation table."

I burst into tears. I turned around, and that's when I saw my son in tears. I took him in an embrace I didn't really know if it could make him feel better. I didn't want him to cry. He had lost his mother at four years old, while his birthday was only in two weeks. She won't be there to tell him happy birthday... 

My head was spinning, my mind was all blurry. What to do now?

Jennifer POV

I was at work like every fucking day of my life. Since a couple of days, the atmosphere in the office was really morose. It's because of the death of the daughter-in-law of our boss. It was horrible that day. Our boss who is normally super calm and nice got super angry and then burst into tears. We haven't seen him since then. 

I was at the photocopier doing twelve copies of the latest contract my superior signed. I really hate her by the way. She's such a bitch. She looks at me as if I ruined my life. In fact, it's more like she's looking at a stripper selling her body to the mafia after burgling a bank. Sometimes, I want to punch her and cut her fucking long red ponytail. But I don't. In fact, I stay quiet and smile at her because I need this job. I have to work for three people. My fucking husband can't work because this asshole drinks all day every day. 

When I am done with my copies, I go to her office, knock two times and get in after she gave me permission to. 

" Are they the copies of the contract?" she asked me without looking at me. 

" Yes." I said while giving them to her. 

"Thanks. Jennifer, could you please make me a coffee?"

" Of course!" I said all smile. 

She smiled at me and I went out of her office. What a bitch. Can't she like walk to the coffee machine which is literally just beside her door? I made her a coffee and then, went to give her. When I sat at my desk, I heard someone calling my name.

" Jennifer!"

I looked up and saw Mr.Manoban. Why would our boss call me? Please tell me I'm not fired.

I got up and went to his office. Since when was he back from his "vacation"?

" Yes, sir?" I asked him nicely, thinking it could help me to not be fired.

" Come in. Take a sit dear." he told me while looking by the window. 

I sat quietly in a chair in front of his desk and played with my fingers. Dear god help me!

" Since when are you working for me, Ms. Kim?"

" It has been five years sir. And I am Ms. Yun ..."

" Why would you take the name of your abusive husband Jennifer?" What the hell. Firstly, how would he know my name, it's the second time he calls me by my name and I have never talked to him before, and how can he know about my husband?

"How -" I tried to ask.

" Oh, come on. Do you think the makeup still works? At first, it was okay, but it doesn't work anymore. Why are you still with him anyway?"

"I-I don't know... I'm scared I guess. He is a very dangerous man sir." I said uncomfortably.

" Can I please know the reason why I am here?" I asked him.

" I am promoting you." he simply said while smiling to me.

" Thanks, but  it's impossible, all of the counselors still have their jobs -"

" You won't be working in the office. I know I am getting personal now, but I need someone to take care of my grandson. You already know that I lost my daughter-in-law... My daughter is so depressed, I don't think she really takes care of her son. I don't want him to get sick because of her."

" Excuse me sir but I am not a babysitter. I can't do that. I have myself a daughter." I told him sorry.

" Listen to me Jennifer. It is a win-win situation. I promise you security for both you and your little girl. Plus, you'll have a pay increase. Five hundred for the day. But you'll move there, so you'll have a raise, a house for you and Lovelyn, food, water and everything you need. I'll pay for school . I'll help you for the divorce and to change your names for you  to start all again."

" Where is the trap? You can't be that nice. What have I done for you to give me so much? I'm just a stupid secretary, sir..."

" Jennifer, I'm giving you this because I need someone to look after my grandson and my daughter. Plus... my father was violent. I don't want your daughter to live like that... I am nice to you because I can relate."

" Okay... Okay then." I said to him unsure of what the future looked like.

Okay guys, this is the first chapter. I really hope you liked it even if the Jenlisa part isn't there yet. Please like the chapter if you want another one and let comments for me to know what you thought of it. Again sorry for all the misspelled words! Love y'all! Xxx

- Mimie000