4

Jennie POV

The party was still going on, people dancing and signing at the karaoke, kids playing tag and the Manoban talking business. We still haven't seen Lisa since she arrived. I was still with Mina, drinking my champagne. We were talking about our lives and you know, that kind of stuff. The sky was dark and we could see all the stars, it was a beautiful sight. 

"Kim! "Lisa screamed at me.

At looked at her.

" Come here, we need to talk. Now!"

I turned toward Mina giving her my flute.

" If I die, I want you to take care of Lovie." I told her before leaving.

I heard her laugh. I joined Lisa who was waiting for me. We entered her father's office.

" Okay, I didn't really like you at first, but now I'm about to kill you Kim. Who told you to do this in my back huh? I am his mother, I am the one who should give you permission to throw him a birthday party, not my parents." she scolded me.

" I wanted to ask you, but you are never at home. How can I ask your permission if you're never there? I understand you are grieving, but your son needs to know that life still goes on. He is five years old for Pete's sake! He doesn't understand that his mother won't come back, he is too young and it's better for him to stay unaware of the awful reality. He needs to have fun. Look for yourself, he is happy tonight." I said to her.

I could feel she was about to cry. I didn't want to make her sad, but I had the impression that she believed herself as the only one who had lost someone.  She left me and walked to the nearer window and looked outside. I could see tears running down her cheeks. 

" Is it gonna hurt forever?" asked me still looking outside.

" It will. You'll just learn to live with it." I told her.

" How can you be so sure about that?"

" I have my own life Lisa." I said to her approaching the window.

" I am sorry. I didn't know."

" How could you, we never talk. Plus, it's not like it's written on my forehead."

" Who was it?" she finally turned to me.

" My parents. A fire." I sighed.

" How old were you?" 

Why was she asking so many questions? I didn't really want to talk about it. It was painful to think of it, but I didn't feel like making her even sadder. If she could think of someone else's pain, it could help her to forget her own.

" I was nine."

She sniffed and dried her tears. I gave her tissues for her to blow her nose. 

" Thanks... for the tissues but mostly for the birthday party. I'll try to be home more often."

I nodded and gave her a smile. She got on her feet and went out of the office. She ran to Kayden and kissed him on his puffy cheek.  He smiled at her before running to the other kids. I decided to go back to Mina. She gave me back my flute and I drank it in one go.  Mina looked at me stunned. 

" Wow. What happened?" my best friend asked me.

" She got emotional" I simply said.

" Oh. Yeah." 

Then the night went on as if it was the most joyful day ever. We ate the cake Aran bought and sang Kayden Happy birthday. He looked so shy standing in front of his chocolate cake. Then it got late and everyone left. It was only the Manoban family, Mina, Lovie and I. We were all sitting in their living room talking about love life and memories. Kayden and Lovie were fast asleep. On my right was Lisa and on my left Ten. After the incident with Lisa earlier, she never went to me again, not for talking, she hasn't looked at me either. She got cold as always.