2

Jennifer POV

It has been a week since I've talked with Mr. Manoban. I'm still not quite sure of what I'm supposed to do with my assignment. It ain't work if you know what I mean. 

Since my day was over, I took the bus to Lovie's kindergarten. I smiled at her teacher and went to her. She was playing with other kids with dolls. 

" Hey baby, I'm here, do you want to go home?" I said to her.

She turned around and jumped in my arms.  I smiled at her and took her with me. I said thank you to Ms. Hong before leaving. 

Once we entered the house, the smell of cigarettes and alcohol ran into me like a freaking truck. I pushed Lovie to her room while I checked where was my fucking husband. I entered the living room and saw him drinking his beer. He looked at me and told me with a sign of head to approach. I did what he had asked me since I didn't want to die.

" I need another beer sexy." He told me with his drunk voice.

I turned around to go and check the fridge, but he called me again.

" Wait, come here."

I walked to him till I was close enough. He grabbed me by my arm and made me fall on top of him. He took roughly my chin in his hand, pushing his fingers into my cheeks. 

" It's funny how I used to think you were gorgeous. Now, you're just a stupid abused woman married to an alcoholic who can't even save her own daughter. Your little girl will end just like you... like a fucking slut. Now, I need you to help me to empty my balls. So get down on your knees before I kill you." he told me harshly.

No, please no. I can't, I don't want to. I feel like throwing up. I didn't move. I just looked at him and then I thought of my boss. He told me he wanted to help. I could use a little help now. So I did the last thing I thought I could do... I punch him in his guts and ran. I ran to Lovie's room. I locked it rapidly, hearing his steps getting closer. My baby looked at me with teary eyes, her blanket against her chest. I opened the window hastily and took her in my arms to put her outside. I went through after her myself and ran. I ran with her in my arms, never looking back. People probably looked at me thinking I was crazy, but I didn't care. The only thing I could think of was, Lovelyn must be safe. I stopped running once I had entered the supermarket. I fetched my phone in my pocket and called Mr. Manoban.

" Yeoboseyo?" he finally said.

" I am in trouble, sir..." I tried to say sobbing hard.

"Where are you?" 

" At - at the supermarket on Banporo... I - I ran away... He want -"

" It's okay. I'm coming. Stay right where you are."

" O -okay..."

I  sat on a bench near the entrance and played with Lovie's hair. After maybe ten minutes my boss appeared in front of me. He smiled sweetly at me and proposed to carry my daughter who was sleeping. We got into his luxury car in silence. 

" You can't go back to your house. You'll stay at my place tonight and we will figure things out together."

" Thank you, sir." I thanked him.

" Call me Aran. We are going to see each other a lot now. Plus you'll live with my family. Better get comfortable with each other don't you think?" he asked me nicely.

I nodded. 

We finally arrived at his house. It was so big, like what the hell. The house was beautiful. I was very impressed. He led me to his office and asked me to sit.