Wake up

Adora's POV:
Ugh my head hurts.  Where am I the last thing I remember is fighting Catra and collapsing.  Catra.  Of course she was
behind this why am I surprised? 

I tried to get up but I winced.  My back was covered in bandages from the claws she marked me with.  I guess I'm in the hospital for Bright Moon.  Looks like there's a lot of soldiers here.  Just great She-ra. 

"Adora!!!"  "Adora?!!"  Two familiar voices echoed in the hallway until they barged into the room.  "Glimmer!  Bow!  I'm so glad you guys are ok!"  I tried to hug them but my back killed.  "Adora, how could you?!  You almost died!!  If mom wasn't there and if Catra-" Glimmer struggles as tears ran down her cheeks.  Bow hugged her.  "Hey she's still here.  She's still with us.  It's ok". He wiped Glimmer's  tears away and smiled back at me.  "Adora, I'm glad you're safe."  I grinned happily.  My friends are ok.  Everything's ok. But wait.  Did we win?  Bow saw my panic. 

"Hey, hey everyone's ok.  The Horde retreated". That means Catra did too.  But there was one thing missing.  I couldn't remember what; wow I must of hit my head pretty hard. 

Angella barged into the room.  Oh no what could this mean?  "Angella what's wrong?"  "Adora, I'm so glad you're ok". Her eyes softened but she quickly remembered what she was here for. "I wanted to warn you as soon as possible.  Your friend Catra-".  

A pit settled in my stomach and worry consumed me.  "Catra?!   What happened? Is she-she dead?"  I trembled at the last word because I couldn't bare it. 

After all this time, I didn't want her to die.  I never did. 

Angella spoke up, "no, she's here.  In the castle under intense interrogation."  Catra?  She's alive.  Thank Etheria.  Wait she's here?! "She was captured?!  By who?" 

Angella shifted, "me adora.  The only reason she isn't dead right now is because she hesitated."  "On what?"  I think I know the answer though

"Catra spared your life.  I don't know what her motive is but we will find out!"  Glimmer yelled this waking up a few injured people next to us.  They grumbled annoyingly.  "Glimmer do you have to yell?!"  I sighed back into my bed feeling the marks on my back.  So she's alive...

Catra POV: 
I woke up in chains.  Of course because no one trusts someone with messy hair and retractable claws.  And someone who burned down half of Bright Moon.  I was laying in a cot more comfortable than the our bed in the Horde.  I mean my bed. 

My neck ached as I looked around the cell I was in with jade walls.  My hands were shackled and there were bandages on my arms.  Bandages? Comfortable beds?  Wow prison must be a better dig than being a Horde soldier. 

Wait the Horde.  I left them and now I'm a traitor.  They would not hesitate to kill me if I ever stepped on their turf again.  And just because I couldn't kill her. 

Adora.  My heart beated faster.  Is she ok?  No shut up Catra she's the enemy.  God I hate my head sometimes. 

My body ached as I sat up.  Someone cranked open the door.  A couple of mediocre guards.  One saw me up and ran away.  Probably to report that the all mighty second-in-command of the Horde has awakened.  What losers.  I lay back and waited until a pair of wings blocked the room.

Thanks for reading!  Remember it's a slow burn but so worth the wait.  (It gets sexy)