Scars

Catra POV:

I made her cry. Why do I feel bad about it? I couldn't bear it so I put my hand on her shoulder. She quickly turned around.

"Oh uh sorry." I muttered retracting my hand. An old habit I guess. We always seemed to be touching in the Fright Zone whether I was tackling her or when we slept in the same bed. Focus Catra.

Adora's face was flustered when I gazed back at her. I started to grin until I realized the bandages on her arms.

"Are you ok?" Ugh why did I ask that?!

"Huh? Yeah I'm not of the hospital and I'll be healed up in no time."

An awkward silence fell. Adora looked away. I can still remember her words: monster. That is what I was in her eyes. I flinched thinking about it. And if her arms are that bad, I wonder how bad her back is...

"So..uh how's your back?"

Adora shifted. "It's fine. I was always used to you clawing me back in the Horde."

I couldn't help but laugh. I would claw adora for everything: food, training, or who went to the bathroom first. None of them were very deep though and she always dodged. Not this time.

"You always blocked my attacks with punches then. And Id always apologize many times after I thought I hurt you..."

Adora's eyes met mine and she chuckled. "All I wanted to do was protect you. I didn't care if I got hurt if I could save you. Funny how that worked out."

I couldn't keep her gaze any longer. She always did try to protect me. I guess I should of protected myself from her.

"Oh my savior. You know I never asked you to do that. And then you leave. That worked out great." I was seething with sarcasm.

Adora looked baffled in a kinda cute way. "Catra- you know I didn't mean to hurt you. I just needed to-"

"I know do what's right for Etheria or whatever. You could of at least given me a warning." I shrugged and looked back at her. She always blushes so bad when I'm near her.

"Well now I'm back. And I'm not going anywhere. I have a kingdom to protect."

Wow Adora loves playing hero. "Well I'm not going anywhere either." I gestured at the cell around me.

Adora smiled and walked towards the door.

"See ya Catra."

"Later Adora. Do come back."  I purred

With that she practically busted out the door with a red face. I laughed to myself because I love to make her nervous.

Haha what a dork

♦️♠️♦️♠️♦️♠️