Allegiance

2 months later
Adora POV:
Today is the day.  They're letting her out of prison. Whose stupid idea was that? The last time we had a meeting with Queen Angella the matter was brought to a vote. We talked about it for a long time now, and I guess it was going to come up someday.

Why today though?! I'm not ready I haven't seen her in so long!!!  Sure sometimes I had to check on her to see if she was ok.

Once a week more or less. I always went late in the night, so glimmer and bow wouldn't know what I was doing.

When I put it like that it does sound pretty shady.

Whenever I went to that cell I hoped she'd be asleep. Then I could just check and go. Of course she never was. And always catty. Catra's the only person who knows how to make me red in the face.

Probably because we used to be such great friends...

Well today's the day. She's getting out, and there's nothing I can do about it. I'm surprised so many princesses voted for Catra to get out of prison (with patrol of course).

Oh and guess who her patrol officer is? Ughhhhhhh.  Not again.

Even Glimmer sided with the majority. Me, Mermista, and Seahawk voted against Catra getting out so soon.

And Seahawk only voted to what Mermista would. The queen thinks I'm the best person to keep an eye on her since I know her the best.

Grayskull can't save me now...

Catra POV:

Wow time flies here. At least I'm getting out today with patrol. I could easily dodge the loser who got assigned to me but honestly where would I go? Definitely not the Horde.

Whispering Woods?

I sat there thinking until the door creaked. Probably another sorry guard. I sharpened my claws on the bars to intimidate whoever was there even if it was pointless. Old habits die hard I guess. I was about to call out till I saw a certain blonde ponytailed girl with piercing blue eyes.

"A-Adora?"  My mouth was wide open.

She shifted uncomfortably and then sighed: "Prisoner Catra, come with me. I'm assigned to be your patrol officer."

My eyes could've fallen out of my head. This is crazy. Adora, standing there looking towards the stone ground with a frown and pink cheeks. This is the person that's gonna keep me in line?

Ohhhh haha game on

Oh no...