Chapter 5

LoveBites Chapter 5

*Louis POV*

"Louis, we're vampires."

As soon as he said that an overwhelming desire to jump out of the moving car came over me. I reached over to unlock the door and unbuckle myself when Maeve's hand was suddenly there blocking me.

"Please. Don't run. We will explain everything." I rebuckled myself and sat back. Liam looked at Maeve and nodded.

"We'll start with the last Cowell-Higgins War. 200 years ago." she began before I interrupted her.

"Wait you mean like our school, Cowell-Higgins Prep?" I asked.

"Yes. Cowells are A massive group of only evil vampires. Their goal is to turn every single human into a vampire. Higgins are made up of vampires and humans who are trying to find a cure to turn vampires back into humans."

"Oh please please tell me you guys are Higgins and not Cowells who are about to suck my blood. " I pleaded. They both laughed.

"Of course we're Higgins. We wouldn't trust ourselves near you in case we bit you. Anyway, the Cowell-Higgins war was a brutal war that killed tons of humans. Actually it started way before 1812. The Cowells and Higgins have fought since the beginning of vampires. But in 1801 it became a massive war that even humans could see. It ended in 1812 with a truce. The truce stated that as long as Cowell-Higgins Prep stood, there would be no war between the two clans." Wow.

"I'm guessing that person that tried to suck my blood was a Cowell?" I asked already knowing the answer.

"Yes. His name is Harry. He's the Cowells' best Hunter." Maeve explained.

"What the hell is a Hunter?" I asked feeling kind of dumb.

"They are vampires who go after important people." Oh. We had been driving around trying to lose any tails but we finally pulled up to our house. We stopped the car and got out. We were almost to the steps when-

"Hey. Who brought the human?" the person said in an Irish accent. We all turned around and sitting on our car's hood was a Pakistani boy with his hair standing up in front and a pale blond boy with blue eyes I could see from here.

"Who are you guys?" I asked.

"Your worst nightmares." replied the Irish one said.

"No I mean what are your names?" I asked.

"Oh. Well I'm Zayn and this here is Niall." said the blonde one. The he blinked looking confused. "I mean I'm Niall and this here is Zayn." Zayn snorted shaking his head.

"I'm guessing by the way you called me a 'human' that you guys are vampires?" I asked.

"Yep." Said Zayn. Then he pulled out a pack of gum and popped a price into his mouth. Then he held it out for us. "Want some?" he asked.

"No thank you." Maeve said glaring at him.

*Liam's POV*

Crap. I didn't expect to see them here. We hadn't explained how to tell if they were Higgins or Cowell but I didn't think he would need to know that. Yet. Now Niall and Zayn who were Harry's second- and third-in-commands. He started to walk towards them and I reached out to stop him but Maeve intercepted. She shook her head almost imperceptibly. I brought my arm back and let him go. She whispered so quietly I thought I imagined it.

"Let him meet REAL Cowells. If it starts to get bad we will rush in and help him. I nodded barely.

"So are you Cowells or Higgins?" I heard Louis ask them.

"Higgins of course." Niall lied. Of course they would lie so they could bring him in then suck him dry.

"Oh." was all Louis said as he took a few more steps forward.

"Yes. We love humans. For snacks!" Zayn said before lunging at Louis...