Chapter 1

Love Bites Chapter 1

*2 Years Later*

*Louis POV*

I tapped my foot impatiently as I waited in the cold rain by the bus stop. Come on bus, I thought impatiently, I'm gonna be late for school! Of course this happens on a Monday it's always a Monday that starts out bad and just gets worse and worse until I want to explode! I was starting to space out when a big yellow bus with the words Cowell-Higgins Prep written on the side pulled up in front of me. Finally. I walked up the stairs to the bus driver.

"Name?" he asked grumpily.

"Louis Paynlinson." I said back equally as grumpy from sitting out in the rain for half an hour. I staggered up to a seat at the back because the grumpy driver started driving to early, knocking me to the floor. Thankfully not too many people had gotten on the bus yet, I thought as I stood up and brushed myself off sliding onto the seat. The next stop was a very busy one so I plugged in my headphones hoping to drown out the inevitable noise. Why did Liam have to choose this school? It's full of sooo many preppy cheerleaders and football (a/n American football not soccer) players so if you're not one then you're shunned and I just so happen to prefer soccer not football so I don't have many friends. Suddenly someone tapped my shoulder. I looked up and saw a face I recognized but couldn't remember why.

"Um, hi I just noticed you were new here at Cowell-Higgins Prep, so I wanted to welcome you!" she said. I could tell by the way she spoke that she was a cheerleader. Ugh.

"I'm not new." I told her and she looked confused. "I'm Louis Paynlinson. I've been here for a year and a half." When she heard my name name she looked confused then her eyes widened in recognition and she staggered back a few steps before almost running to her friends. What was that all about? I plugged my headphones back in. I stared out the window at the buildings and trees whizzing past me as we drove. No one bothered me as I listened to Robbie Williams.

Suddenly my headphones were yanked out of my ears. I looked down in shock and went to pick up my iPod when some talking caught my attention.

"Yeah it turns out that guy over there isn't new at CHP." it was that girl from earlier.

"Yeah stupid I could've told you that. He's Liam's brother." I froze in shock. I didn't think I would hear that voice again. It was her. Liam's ex from two years ago. Maeve Noitcerid.