Chapter 3

LoveBites Chapter 3

*Maeve's POV*

I walked over to Louis and tapped him on his shoulder. He whipped his head around looking alarmed to see someone then even more shocked when he realized it was me.

"Um, hi!" I said.

"Hi?" he replied slowly.

"So I was wondering if you were free tonight?" I asked him in the voice I used to use with Liam instead of the annoying cheerleader one.

"Yeah I am..." he said.

"Oh good 'cause I was wondering if you wanted to go to the movies with me?" I said. He looked surprised and skeptical at the same time. "Come on its the new spiderman movie! You have to come!" I begged him. He hesitated.

"I-I guess so." he said slowly.

"Yes!" I squealed and hugged him. " I'll pick you up at 5 'kay?" he nodded.

*Louis POV*

That was strange. I trudged home and when I was halfway I suddenly thought: What about Liam? I hope he doesn't mind and won't get jealous.

Poor Liam. I know it's been two years already but after that he was never himself again.

Suddenly I got scared. What did she do to him? Will the same thing happen to me? I broke into a run wanting to get home as fast as I can do I could talk to him. As I pounded up the front steps, I heard someone call my name.

"Louis! Why are you running?" I heard Liam shouting from behind me. I turned around and saw him running to catch up with me. Then I saw something behind him: a flash of short red hair. Maeve.

I stopped at the front door and waited for them to catch up to me. "What are you doing here Maeve?" I asked her.

"I was walking home when Liam saw me and joined me. Then we saw you running and started coming after you." she replied. "Have you talked to him yet?" she asked me.

"No this is the first I've seen him since I left this morning." I replied. Duh we spoke like tenn minutes ago!

"Oh. Well ask him!"

"Okay. Liam, Maeve asked me on a date tonight and would that be okay with you?" I asked Liam. He glanced at Maeve. They seemed to have a mental conversation.

"That's fine with me." he said after awhile.

*Liam's POV*

"Liam, Maeve asked me on a date." Crap. That's not good. I can't let that happen to him I looked over at Maeve and my eyes asked a question. 'Are you gonna...you know?'

She looked at me and "replied" 'Not if you don't want me to.' Phew. That's good. Louis can't suffer the same fate as me. I won't let that happen to him. I turned back to Louis. "That's fine with me." I told him. He looked kind of relieved but then his it quickly. He nodded. Maeve jumped up and down exitedly.

"Yay! I'm gonna run home and change I'll be back at five!" she exclaimed then blew a kiss to Louis before running off towards her house.

"Are you sure you're fine with it?" Louis' voice snapped me out of a mini-trance. I looked at him.

"Of course. We ended two years ago." I reminded him.

"Today."

"Huh?" I asked confused.

"You guys ended two years ago today. Remember?" he said.

"Oh yeah. Huh." I responded. With that I matched up the steps into the house very quickly because a scent started to distract me. It was very sweet and inviting. Kind of like perfume but stronger. 5 letters that start with the letter B.