Chapter 15

*3rd Person POV*

Louis gasped and his eyes widened at the note. It said:

Higgins, 

Consider this your warning. I give you until this Saturday to hand over the Cure. If you don't hand him over, I will personally come get my purse and take down maybe thirty or so Higgins singlehandedly. See you in five days!

-Hazzabear

Louis gulped down the lump that formed in his throat. He was going with the Cowells no matter what. What were they gonna do to him? Maeve looked at him to see his reaction. She saw his scared face and walked over to hug him.

"It's okay Louis. You have us to protect you. We can have someone disguised as you or something okay?" she said trying to calm him.

"No. I'm gonna face my fears. Bring me over right now." he said bravely. Liam and Maeve exchanged a look. By now the other Higgins had left.

"Louis we can't let you do that. Come back to the Higgins house so we can meet with Lou Teasdale and talk this over." Liam said trying to convince his. Louis stubbornly shook his head planting his feet.

Liam grabbed Louis' arms before phasing to the Higgins house. As soon as Louis opened his eyes, he glared at Liam.

"I said no!" he shouted at his brother.

"Actually you shook your hea...I'm gonna shut up now." he said seeing his younger brother's face. "I didn't want you to die! I know for a fact as soon as Harry got his hands on you, he would suck your blood until you were a husk."

"Yes, but if I don't go before Saturday, then thirty vampires will die. Thirty!" Louis fought back.

"Stop fighting! This isn't helping anything! Let's just go talk to Lou and find out what to do." Maeve said intervening. The boys were so caught up in fighting that they didn't notice she was there.

They headed down a few hallways with huge stain glass windows and beautiful paintings. They came to massive wooden French doors with big brass handles. They pushed one open to reveal Lou sitting at a desk studying a war map. She looked up when she heard them enter.

"Can I help you?" she asked a little annoyed. Maeve stepped forward holding out the note.

"Yes actually. Harry left this note at the battle scene. Louis wanted to head right out but we phased him back here to talk to you." she explained placing the note in Lou's outstretched hand.

Lou quickly read it before folding it back up and looking at them. "Well, they certainly have a good ultimatum. I hate to say I agree with Louis. He goes peacefully and only he dies. On Saturday we lose him and thirty vampires. You guys can decide. Or talk to Mary." Lou said.

They all nodded and bowed respectfully before walking down to another similar set of doors. They opened a door and stepped in to see a sight they will never forget.

Laying across the desk was Mary Byrne and Wagner...making out. They all jumped and ran out quickly before anyone noticed and softly closed the doors. The only thought running through any of there heads was

What the hell just happened?

A/N so that end thing was to throw something random in because this story was too dark for my liking. I'm now going to start the vampire count. It shows how many known vampires are alive on each side.

Cowells-185

Higgins-200

Remember it's just a rough estimate. Well remember vote/comment/fan/share

-Kendie