⠀⠀𝟮𝟭. ❛ TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE ❜

EXPEDITE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME ONE
━━ ❛ 𝒕𝒐𝒐 𝒈𝒐𝒐𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒕𝒓𝒖𝒆 ❜

EXPEDITE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME ONE━━ ❛ 𝒕𝒐𝒐 𝒈𝒐𝒐𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒕𝒓𝒖𝒆 ❜

chapter no. 021!

 021!

     UPON REACHING CAITLIN SNOW'S VOICEMAIL, YET AGAIN, PIPER GROANED. She'd called her ten times and not once had the woman bothered to answer. Although, the redhead didn't entirely blame her. She lied and stood by as Caitlin dated someone she didn't deserve, let alone knew.

     "Didn't answer?" Erin asked. Piper shook her head. "Give her time. It's only been a day. She'll call you back when she's ready."

     The heroine nodded and played with the menus on the stand, frowning. The guilt sat not on her chest but inside her brain. What she had done, she could not undo. She could make amends subtly, but expecting complete forgiveness was out of the question.

     Caitlin already lost her husband and now Jay, who wasn't even actually the man she fell for. That person was gone and who was left was Zoom. Not only had he lied to her, but Piper had too.

     Erin watched as the gears turned in her best friend's head. The redhead tended to be harder on herself than she should be. She would beat herself up over small things and mistakes. And currently, she was doing just that; beating herself up over a choice she made. In retrospect, it wasn't the wisest decision to keep the secret for so long, but it felt like the right one to make at the time.

     Placing her hand over hers, she squeezed it. Piper looked up to see Erin giving her a small smile. "You're not the only one that has to make amends for this too. Iris is mad at me, and I have to work that out too. We'll get through this and get our friends back, okay? Don't worry, and don't be so hard on yourself. You did what you thought was right; that's not something you should regret."