Chapter Twelve: Hospital Beds Crinkle too Much.

I got in the car with mom, and she drove me straight to the hospital. They helped me walk in, and sit me down on the table. The doctor had been asking my mom all the questions, and Annie was about to cry. She looked at me and blinked. Then she looked at the doctor.

  "She has bruises," Annie said, interrupting my mom.

  "Where are the bruises dear?" the doctor asked, treating her like she was a "special" kid.

  "She covered them up."

  "Where are they?"

  Annie walked up to me and gave me a hug. She put her forehead to mine and mouthed "I'm sorry." She then proceeded to wipe the makeup of my face. She was right to apollogize. It hurt like HELL.

  She had gotten all the make up off, and I was in tears. It hurt so much! The doctor assesed the now yellowing bruise on my face. My mom had been asked to leave the room, but Annie was protesting against it and sat on the floor by the bed.

  "Twin, I promise I won't leave your side."

  "Thanks," I smiled down at her. 

  The doctor had mentioned that I should be fine, but he was going to figure out some medicine for the pain. Pain meds. Greaaat. I had to stay over night for observation, although I thought it rather unorthodox. I was just banged up, it's not like I was shot or anything. It was probably because I did hit my head when Zach pushed me. 

  "Twin, you should go.. You don't want to get into any trouble."

  "It's fine. They've left me here this long. Mom said it's fine. So why not?"

  "Ughh. I guess you can sleep on the floor... Or they could bring in a cot, that works too!" I had finished when they wheeled in a little cot that fit in the corner of the room for her to sleep on.

  "Good night Twin.."

  "Night."

  We switched off the light, and I fell asleep instantly. The next morning, I woke up with three nurses arranging things. Twin was in the chair in the corner of the room. The doctor peered in the door, and smiled when he saw me.

  "Aw good, you're up I see. Well, you're free to go, but first I should give you the instructions for your medicine. Take two pills twice a day, until they're gone."

  "Do I have to eat first?"

  "Yes, that is highly recomended."

  "Kay, thanks. Hey, do you know where my mom went?"

  "She said she was going back to the office, but she left you those clothes."

  "Thanks again sir."

  "Not a problem, feel better soon." He turned on his heel and left the room. He had handed me a paper bag with the pills in it, and I went to go slip into some clothes.

  "Come on Twin, my mom came down to get....us."

  We stopped dead in our tracks when we rounded the corner to the waiting room. The dark red skin and cowboy hat gave it away before even looking at his face. My dad was speaking with a nurse. 

  "Oh."

  "My."

  "God." We said together.

  I was paralyzed in fear. Also, I was wondering why he showed up here, of all places. He's the one that put me here, so why would he wait patiently to see me?

  I suppose the word patiently was the wrong word, because as soon as I thought it he grabbed her collar and pulled her to his face. In a flash everyone was surrounding them, trying to pull them apart. He hit her once, and the security guard had pulled them free.