Chapter Twenty: Shut Up and Eat Whatever It Is Before It Crawls Away

"So... You're asking me to sneak around and become a popstar, but I can't even tell my boyfriend?" Annie asked.

  Liam and I exchanged a look and nodded.

  "Okay. When do we start?" She bounced and her hair went with her. She was already excited.

  "One week, I'll be back, alone, and we can get you ready to do your first secret concert."

  "OhmyGOD Twin!" 

  Haz had ran out to buy Annie's mom a new ice cream scoop, because he had broken hers. We had jumped on the oppertunity to talk to Annie about being The Twins. 

  We were on our way.

  "But! One condition."

  "Yes?" we said in unison.

  "You HAVE to finish school. At least this year physically, and then you CAN do online. Understood?"

  "Okay, Daddy," we said with a sigh. We only ever said Daddy when he was being bossy, because otherwise it could be a bit awkward. 

  "Thank you."

  "The Twins?"

  "The Twins." He smiled and hugged us both before turning to see Haz returning from the store.

  "Ann, does she use this kind, or this one with the little switch? I can't seem to remember.. So.. I got both," Haz asked when he walked in. He held up two kinds of ice cream scoops, and a cat collar. I guessed he had met Precious, Annie's two year old cat. 

  "Both will do. Thank you hun. And, a cat collar?"

  "What? Precious doesn't have one, and I couldn't resist..." He blushed slightly, and Annie ran into his arms.

  "Thank you so much!" They hugged for a minute, and Liam looked at me. I rolled my eyes and he smiled. 

  "Well, I really hate to be a party smasher, but Haz, we need to get to the airport, we have just enough time to eat before we get on the plane."

  "Gosh, you're starting to sound like Niall."

  My heart panged at the sound of his name.

  "I know, now come on. Love you Leabug, Annie." He hugged us each in turn, and Haz kissed Annie one more time before being dragged out the door. 

  "Love you guys!" we shouted out the door.

  I hugged Twin and sauntered up the steps.

  When I got upstairs, my mom was in the kitchen.

  "Mom!" I ran in and gave her a hug.

  "Hey Leabug! Wanna go shopping?"

  "Now?" 

  "Well, yeah.. Or tomorrow after school.. But I thought now would be better."

  "Okay, let's go shopping!" I was so giddy I could barely control myself. It had been a long time since my mom and I had gotten to do anything together. I loved when she took me shopping, even though it was irritating to hear her point out things that would never fit, or that I'd already looked at.

  We talked the whole way there, and when I told her about being taken back to eighth grade, on the ride home, she wasn't even mad. She laughed and laughed and asked "What'd you think they'd do?" I shrugged my shoulders. She handled it surprisingly well.

  "I really hate the new middle school though. It's crowded and nobody likes me. I try my best, but apparently my best doesn't qualify as good."

  "Well Lea, you don't need everyone to like you. Maybe you should be nicer to people."

  "Mom! I am nice! I barely talk half the time, how does that count as being mean!?"

  "I never said you were mean, I said maybe you should be nicer."

  "Mom!"

  "Shaylea, stop using that tone with me. You don't need people to like you, you need to do the work. Besides, it's not a popularity contest, it's school."

  "Middle school," I grumbled as I turned up the volume on my music. 

  "So, we leave tomorrow after school Twin!!"

  "I cannot WAIT!!"

  Twin and I were pushing food around our plates and squealing. Tomorrow after school we were going to the fair with Liam and Hazza, so we were mega excited. We were isolated in our tiny little corner and we were talking freely, due to the lack of human contact. The food here wasn't any better than the high-school, both were vile enough to create actual living creatures, but we had to scrounge for a seat now.

  My phone beeped, and because it was lunch, I answered it. 

  Hey, it's Liam. I just wanted to say, I'm massively sorry.. I can't go tomorrow. We have recording for the new album.

  B-B-B-B-Buuuuut!! That sucks!! :(( I guess thats fine, if we get a sneak preview :P ~Liabug

  Nooo, can't have that :P So sorry dear.. But, what's with your name? I thought you spelled it with an E?

  Oh, that, I was making Haz feel better for accidentally texting me again. BY the way, you two have some interesting conversations.... O.O ~LEabug

  Uh... Yeah... *blush* (capslock e?)

  Ugghhh ~Shayla R Miles

   better?!! ~Shayla R Miles

  .....Forgot the e...

  OHMYGOD! ~Lea

  Better. (What's the R?)

  Good! (NoneofyouRbusiness)

  The R really stands for that?! 

  Ohmygod... I love you Lamb.

  Lamb?

  nvm

  K.... ?

  <3 xx

 :) <3 xx

  I blinked quickly to readjust to the lighting.

  "Well!?" Twin asked.

  "We're not going tomorrow. Management."

  "Grrrrr!!!" she screeched, resembling a teapot. I called her tinkerbell because she turned bright red in the face, but "Peter Pan" ruined that. 

  "Oh shut up Twin. He'll reschedule or something, it's Liam. Besides, I think our 'main dish' is about to crawl away."

  "Eat up!" we mocked in sync.